Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was informed from a Tesla sales person that the P3D will be added soon to the list of eligible vehicles receiving the BC CEV $5000 incentive in the following week or two...so congrats to the P3D buyers. Apparently Tesla got approval for all trim levels to qualify for the BC CEV. i just hope they replenish the funds when they are exhausted.
Good job on Tesla for getting the performance version added on. Hopefully they replenish funds as my DA told me that they are getting a lot of truckloads a day now and expect that it will run out by mid-September. Reason why they pushed my delivery date sooner.

Another day has gone by and i am still waiting. I think if i were to miss the rebate, and decided to cancel my order, Does it mean i will forfeit my $3200 deposit or I have a case stating my order is missed somehow? Am I being too negative? haha

Last edited:
Another day has gone by and i am still waiting. I think if i were to miss the rebate, and decided to cancel my order, Does it mean i will forfeit my $3200 deposit or I have a case stating my order is missed somehow? Am I being too negative? haha

It's understandable considering you reserved mid-June and RWD. I recall it said delivery 1-3 months back then so you should have heard something by now. Have you called into the 877 line recently about it?

Actually it was 4-8 weeks when I ordered.
I called 1877, store, and emailed support. All generic answers and no one can further investigate or escalate. To me it's more like paying $5000 dollars on something which i shouldn't have paid. It's like paying for AWD option or EAP, but actually I am getting RWD with nothing,

Actually it was 4-8 weeks when I ordered.
I called 1877, store, and emailed support. All generic answers and no one can further investigate or escalate. To me it's more like paying $5000 dollars on something which i shouldn't have paid. It's like paying for AWD option or EAP, but actually I am getting RWD with nothing,

You're right, it was 4 to 8 weeks. I think you might have checked already, but could the notifications be in the spam folder and is your contact information in your account up to date? Also, does the edit trick with the URL still work?

You're right, it was 4 to 8 weeks. I think you might have checked already, but could the notifications be in the spam folder and is your contact information in your account up to date? Also, does the edit trick with the URL still work?

Yep checked everything and the edit link is still there. I even thought about changing to AWD config. Obviously they are prioritizing AWD production and if there is RWD, they will probably ship them to Ontario before sept 10th. AWD is kind of what I wanted in the very beginning.

Yep checked everything and the edit link is still there. I even thought about changing to AWD config. Obviously they are prioritizing AWD production and if there is RWD, they will probably ship them to Ontario before sept 10th. AWD is kind of what I wanted in the very beginning.

Seems like they are still getting RWD out there, the latest VIN's registered is a half RWD and half dual motor. Changing now might bump you behind even further and modify the order date. Which means you'll start paying for Premium Connectivity.

Just looked at the numbers and from Sept. 3 (one week ago) to today, it dropped from $2,651,833 available to $2,076,833. That's about $82,142 per day. At this rate, it will be gone in about 25 days. I would guess sooner though, considering the sudden influx of AWD deliveries (at least that's my impression from this forum). So - I think we'll be lucky if it lasts until the end of September...

You honestly think BCNDP and its partner, the BC Greens, would let the rebate drop? They just came out with an intentions paper talking about increasing the rebate and tax exemptions.

They most certainly want to get rid of CEVFORBC as it was a program created by the anti environment BC Liberals that was run by the dealership association whose job was not to promote EVs, but to create policies that disadvantaged Tesla and slowed the growth of EVs in BC.

So yes, expect this rebate to die, but expect a new and better one, run by an environmental group, to take it's place

You honestly think BCNDP and its partner, the BC Greens, would let the rebate drop? They just came out with an intentions paper talking about increasing the rebate and tax exemptions.

They most certainly want to get rid of CEVFORBC as it was a program created by the anti environment BC Liberals that was run by the dealership association whose job was not to promote EVs, but to create policies that disadvantaged Tesla and slowed the growth of EVs in BC.

So yes, expect this rebate to die, but expect a new and better one, run by an environmental group, to take it's place

Don't forget PluginBC's home charging rebate of $750 was canceled rather quickly due to "high-demand". Even if according to what you think they will kill CEVBC program and replace with a new one, there is a chance it's not going to be a seamless transition and there might be a gap period. So I am not hoping too much.

Reactions: phtp
Just spoke to my sales advisor and I got my VIN already, but it hasn’t shown up in my Tesla login page yet. Hopefully, they can reserve funds for me from the BC CEV incentive. I placed my 2 reservations on 3/31/16 and my family owned two S90D’s at that time. Placed order on 9/8/18 and VIN assigned 9/13/18. Cancelled my 2nd reservation after I ordered the P3D+...my wife likes her X100D.

Ordered a red P3D+, white interior, and EAP. Hopefully, I get delivery in mid October.

Time to sell all my Model S wheels now. Anyone locally interested in Grey Arachnids with Pilot Sports, studded Nokian Hakka 8’s on matte black Tsportlines, Classic 5-spoke wheels with Nokian R2’s, Grey Turbines with Pirelli Sottozeroes or Grey Tsportlines with Nokian WRG3’s? All wheels have no scratches and all sets were driven between 5-10K km. Most likely will all go on Craigslist...gotta pay for my next 2-3 sets of wheels for the 3. Thinking of HRE’s or forged Tsportlines for the 3.

• Love
Reactions: corlaandstan
We are officially below $1m available... picking mine up tomorrow and they've already included CEV in the MVPA so I'm assuming that's part of the "reserved" pool. Here's hoping as many others can get this for their Tesla's before it runs out!