Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've ordered a model 3 plus right after Tesla lowered its price to qualify for the program (and I'm sure a lot of people that were on the fence did as well). Within 3 days. The funds went from 6mil (May 1st) to 4.5mil (May 4th).

At this rate, I may not qualify for the rebate by the time of delivery.

One question that I can't find the answer to is. What is the funds reserved (7mil at the time I post this) is for? Would those be added to the incentive funds available after it's depleted?
Thanks in advance and wish me luck.

Thanks in advance for the answer

WHAT HAPPENS IF FUNDS ARE DEPLETED BEFORE THE PROGRAM END DATE MARCH 31, 2020? | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC

The reserved funds are monies already allocated to someone that is in the process of buying a qualifying vehicle. So they are not part of the remaining funds. Think of it as the transition zone, where the dealer prepared the paperwork but has not submitted it because the sale documents and payment have yet to be finalized.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. Is there a chance that when I ordered the model 3, Tesla has reserved the funds for my order already?

You're welcome and that is the $5,000 question. Back when I ordered I could followup with my delivery advisor (DA) to determine the status of my order, not sure if they are still delivering cars this way. You can contact Tesla (their number is on the website) and give them your order number to try and determine where things are or see if you have a DA assigned that can provide you with the info.

1pm May 19 2019

upload_2019-5-19_13-7-27.png
upload_2019-5-19_13-7-27.jpeg