Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV rebate fund topped up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I picked up in Vancouver the Standard Range Model Y I ordered the morning after they pulled it off the website. I had a VIN assigned the day I ordered it, as they were able to match me with something they had in inventory. But I couldn't pick it up because of the empty(ing) CEV fund. Once that got topped up I tried calling my sales advisor a bunch of times and after two days gave up, called the main line, asked to pick up my car as soon as possible, and within minutes they scheduled me for delivery the next day. When I came down there and looked around I found my car, with the old-style center console. I also noticed a bunch of Model Ys there with the new center console, so I asked for one of those. They told me they only have one like that that matches my configuration and I may have to come back the next day once they bring it out and detail it. I said that's totally okay with me and they ended up being able to get it to the lot and detail it so that I drove it away after a few hours there. Very happy about how that went down.

One thing that got me a bit upset was that one of the reps walking around the lot there insisted that the new center console was in fact "the old 2020 variant" and the piano black was the new "2021", so I was actually actually asking for an older one. I knew this to be completely false, so asked someone else. Not sure if he was confused or purposefully misleading, but everything else about the experience was great.

They seemed to be extremely busy there yesterday. One rep I asked said that they had 100 deliveries yesterday.

Out of curiosity, which configuration did you choose?

Yesterday I picked up in Vancouver the Standard Range Model Y I ordered the morning after they pulled it off the website. I had a VIN assigned the day I ordered it, as they were able to match me with something they had in inventory. But I couldn't pick it up because of the empty(ing) CEV fund. Once that got topped up I tried calling my sales advisor a bunch of times and after two days gave up, called the main line, asked to pick up my car as soon as possible, and within minutes they scheduled me for delivery the next day. When I came down there and looked around I found my car, with the old-style center console. I also noticed a bunch of Model Ys there with the new center console, so I asked for one of those. They told me they only have one like that that matches my configuration and I may have to come back the next day once they bring it out and detail it. I said that's totally okay with me and they ended up being able to get it to the lot and detail it so that I drove it away after a few hours there. Very happy about how that went down.

One thing that got me a bit upset was that one of the reps walking around the lot there insisted that the new center console was in fact "the old 2020 variant" and the piano black was the new "2021", so I was actually actually asking for an older one. I knew this to be completely false, so asked someone else. Not sure if he was confused or purposefully misleading, but everything else about the experience was great.

They seemed to be extremely busy there yesterday. One rep I asked said that they had 100 deliveries yesterday.

Mine is White exterior black interior no hitch. I hope i can get a new console, too

Yeah I’ve been emailing with my SA and the delivery rep today. They seem very swamped but have been super helpful. I’m on the island so it’s a little more involved than just driving to pick up but they’ve made a note of the best delivery date/times on my file. I still don’t have a vin but they said I should get it this week.

I ordered my standard range white with the upgraded rims and black interior on feb 14th and got to pick between a few vin numbers. I’m scheduled to pick up March 5th even though my Y has been here since feb 11th.

very interesting, just talked to SA. None of SR in Vancouver has new console. They haven’t got new inventories for a while. Not sure about future stock

very interesting, just talked to SA. None of SR in Vancouver has new console. They haven’t got new inventories for a while. Not sure about future stock
Picked mine up Friday and I looked around the lot for the other SRs and I did not see any with the new console. When I placed my order on Feb 21st, my SA grabbed the highest VIN number (120XXX) he could find for my configuration (white with the black interior and induction wheels). He was confident none of them would have the new console or headlights.

We had put our order in for the Black MY SR the day we test drove it Jan 23. We were notified by our SA about the SR being removed from the site on Feb 21. They seem to have our configuration in stock and we grabbed it that day. I assume we will have heated steering wheel, but previous console style.
Our original plan was to take delivery in June, but with Tesla, nothing goes as planned. This is not our first rodeo, we already have a model S.

I talked to a rep today, he said all of the Model Y’s on hand have the heated steering wheel, he said he’s not sure about which interior trim I’ll get but majority are piano black. They won’t get anymore MY SRs in, so once they’re gone, they’re gone

Meanwhile I ordered at the beginning of the year and was on the 8-12 week list as per the website, so totally expected. In February it was updated to the middle of February which was surprising but whatever. Then it was put back to 8-12 weeks. So I emailed and asked what was up last week. Good news - updated to first two weeks in March on Saturday. Today, now it's back to 8-12 weeks. I was told they only deliver in the last month of the quarter back in December so I wasn't too concerned but wtf is yo-yoing of delivery dates.

SR+ ordered, adapter and mats already arrived so now I'm ready for the rollercoaster to stop.