Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV rebate fund topped up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile I ordered at the beginning of the year and was on the 8-12 week list as per the website, so totally expected. In February it was updated to the middle of February which was surprising but whatever. Then it was put back to 8-12 weeks. So I emailed and asked what was up last week. Good news - updated to first two weeks in March on Saturday. Today, now it's back to 8-12 weeks. I was told they only deliver in the last month of the quarter back in December so I wasn't too concerned but wtf is yo-yoing of delivery dates.

SR+ ordered, adapter and mats already arrived so now I'm ready for the rollercoaster to stop.
Mine has been yo-yoing all weekend. Today alone I’ve had 4 changes that I’ve noticed. I need to just stop looking because it will get here when I gets here but man it’s a rollercoaster.

Does anyone have any other news on the rebate front? I have the option to take hold of a MY SR with the 3k off in the coming week or I could wait till the end of the month for the M3 but the thing is the rebate for the M3 isn’t guaranteed

Some speculate the fund will keep getting topped off while others think the program will get taken away

I was told of by the CEV program that funding/budgeting was delayed until April due to COVID. I think the 4 mil top up was to try and carry them over until then, but it’ll probably be close.
It would be a bit of a gamble to wait and see, but anything could happen. Though in 2019 when they topped up the program they lowered the amount of the rebate per car.

For those that received your final "contract" from Tesla and delivery notification, how long did it after ordering to get your delivery notification? And how reliable was the estimated delivery?

My estimated delivery is Mar 12 - Mar 21, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to sneak in the BC CEV rebate, but I'm not sure how accurate the timelines are...

For those that received your final "contract" from Tesla and delivery notification, how long did it after ordering to get your delivery notification? And how reliable was the estimated delivery?

My estimated delivery is Mar 12 - Mar 21, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to sneak in the BC CEV rebate, but I'm not sure how accurate the timelines are...
Tesla only ships cars once a quarter - at least to BC. I would say the window needs to be about one week before it's considered close. As I said earlier, it was yo-yoing for some time for me.