Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV rebate fund topped up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-11-2_19-55-2.png

I'm waiting for my refreshed Model 3 to get delivered and was getting nervous as the fund was getting low. This is great news!

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-2_19-54-32.png
    upload_2020-11-2_19-54-32.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: fidodido
Does anyone have any other info on this? I’m looking at buying a Tesla and have put my deposit down, losing this is my biggest concern. Will they extend it again?

Also where does the federal rebate sit?
Ive never heard of the Federal one going away, I'd say youre safe for now if you're going to take delivery soon.

Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC is the link for the BC rebate. Looks like theres about half of what was originally there when I posted beginning of November. With the NDP getting another 4 years I dont see them scrapping this. I think you'll be fine.

I’ve placed my order and it should be in at the end of March but I still need to sell my current car. I can’t have 2 cars insured

Too bad they don’t disclose where the federal budget is currently sitting. More time would be nice and I’m hoping the NDP tip up the BC rebate. Also heard some speculation that there’ll be another federal rebate but for less

This is what we were told
  • Tesla was informed on Sat, Feb 20, that CEV was low and put on hold. Dealers | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC. The rep said BC government informed them today. We found this very odd. It is a Saturday that they were informed by the government.
  • Tesla is calling all customers taking delivery on Sunday to tell them the news. You can still take delivery as long as you are ok with not having the $3000 CEV rebate.
  • If we do take delivery, we are not eligible to CEV if BC tops up the fund next week.
  • Tesla is not honoring the existing agreement with $3000 CEV rebate on the deliveries on Sunday
  • Tesla is not compensating customers like us
  • BC will make announcement on CEV on Monday and Tesla will update us
Again, such as disappointing news the day before delivery. I can't imagine Tesla didn't know about this CEV running low issue earlier. I would think it is a mis-management on Tesla's end but they won't admit it or compensate on it.

This is what we were told
  • Tesla was informed on Sat, Feb 20, that CEV was low and put on hold. Dealers | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC. The rep said BC government informed them today. We found this very odd. It is a Saturday that they were informed by the government.
  • Tesla is calling all customers taking delivery on Sunday to tell them the news. You can still take delivery as long as you are ok with not having the $3000 CEV rebate.
  • If we do take delivery, we are not eligible to CEV if BC tops up the fund next week.
  • Tesla is not honoring the existing agreement with $3000 CEV rebate on the deliveries on Sunday
  • Tesla is not compensating customers like us
  • BC will make announcement on CEV on Monday and Tesla will update us
Again, such as disappointing news the day before delivery. I can't imagine Tesla didn't know about this CEV running low issue earlier. I would think it is a mis-management on Tesla's end but they won't admit it or compensate on it.
Reading that press release it would be pretty terrible for Tesla to not honour the rebate given that you are picking up tomorrow. At the current rate of depletion there is at least another week or so left in the fund.
Our delivery date was bumped from last week, and we’re still waiting for a new date. Really hope they sort this out for everyone awaiting delivery.

Reading that press release it would be pretty terrible for Tesla to not honour the rebate given that you are picking up tomorrow. At the current rate of depletion there is at least another week or so left in the fund.
Our delivery date was bumped from last week, and we’re still waiting for a new date. Really hope they sort this out for everyone awaiting delivery.
You would think a typical dealer would honor our agreement or offer something to compensate.

$3000 is not a huge amount but what frustrated us was how Tesla informed us and handled it. Maybe it was how the rep talked to us. We didn't feel Tesla cared. She said Tesla was doing us a favor to apply CEV for us and if CEV ran out it was our problem not Tesla's. She told us either we took delivery and paid the $3000 ourselves or waited till BC announced on CEV. We ordered in Jan and should've kept an eye on CEV but we just thought our advisor would warn us CEV being low. He did not said a thing about CEV was running low or mentioned to us that CEV was not guaranteed until we took delivery.

Yeah, perhaps it was a knee-jerk reaction and things will get sorted out. There are still funds left and the press release states, “However, we are still accepting manual applications until remaining funds are depleted.”
Hopefully you can get some better news tomorrow.

Yeah, perhaps it was a knee-jerk reaction and things will get sorted out. There are still funds left and the press release states, “However, we are still accepting manual applications until remaining funds are depleted.”
Hopefully you can get some better news tomorrow.
We asked about manual submission. Telsa said they only did manual submission on Feb 20 and will not do manual submission from Feb 21 and so. Our delivery date is Feb 21. When they do manual submission they may ask us to payback $3000 if the manual submission is not approved.

I was also supposed to pick up my MY tomorrow but also received a phonecall for the unfortunate news. The person I spoke to was fairly honest and told me that the fund status on the BC CEV rebate wasn’t accurate and told me that if I decided to pick up my vehicle tomorrow, that I wouldn’t be able to receive the incentive. He didn’t even try to push me to continue with the delivery but instead asked me if I was okay to reschedule my appointment to next week (which is what I ended up doing). Mind you, this is the 3rd time I’m being rescheduled but I’m actually quite happy with how Tesla has been actively updating me along the way.

I went through this back in 2019. Tesla is just a messenger/paper pusher in this matter. There is 0.00000% chance Tesla will ‘cover’ a gov rebate. There are humans at the government who will respond to you. Rather than bother with anything Tesla knows or says, go directly to the source:
[email protected]

TLDR: fund will be topped up in anus clenching timing, the government seems to actually know what they’re doing here.

My similar correspondence to CEV in 2019:
Me:
I know you said it will be replenished before it runs out but am a quite apprehensive since I take delivery in a month and the fund will be depleted by then.. has work already started internally to replenish the fund recognizing this huge May 2019 acceleration in sales? I recognize sometimes things take much longer than planned to get done hence a bit of my concern. If there is even a 1 week gap in funding the dealership said because they don’t reserve the funds I could be out of luck!

Cev response:
There will not be a gap between the current funding and the new Budget 2019 funding. Dealers can continue submitting applications for the incentives.

...And sure enough in true nail biting fashion, the fund went down to peanuts and the day after was topped up again!

Edit.. I’ve been out of the loop but see the cev website comment “It is the Dealer’s responsibility to inform their customers that the rebate funds are not guaranteed. ” this is what Tesla told me back in 2019. However cev was adamant (in email to me) that there would not be a gap in funding..

Definite tension! Still, email cev yourself to ask when the budget funds will be disbursed.. and whether they will process applications retroactively..

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus
I went into Tesla at Park Royal today and was told I should be ok for the rebate but they’ll have more news on Monday/Tuesday. My car isn’t ready till March, very disappointing news if the BC government isn’t renewed, where did the rest of you purchase from? Hopefully this gets resolved, the 3k rebate was one of the big sells for myself as well.