Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC delivery - revised PST for ZEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in BC order a Tesla prior to Feb 23, 2022 but received delivery after Feb 22, 2022? I'm looking to see if Tesla adjusted the PST - from 12% on order confirmation to the reduced 7% - for ZEV cars under $75k?

I'm assuming it will be automatically adjusted when we actually get a VIN, purchase, and pickup the car - but just wanted to see if anyone has actually had it adjusted or did you have to specifically ask for it to be adjusted?

I don’t have an order that falls into your scenario but I looked into the recent BC budget changes.

My understanding is that the 12% PST exemption is only for used ZEVs and the surtax threshold increased to $75K for ZEVs.

If you ordered a new Tesla under $75K today, you will still pay 5% GST and 7% PST for 12% total tax. Prior to Feb 22, if your configuration is greater than $55K but less than $75K, you would have had to pay 8-9% PST compared to 7%. If Tesla reflects the recent changes to BC budget then you can save 1-2% in PST

Hope it works out for you!