Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV Charger Rebate Program $700

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been awhile since I follow this post. Today I finally get my charger installed. My setup is a plug modified Tesla wall connector with a dedicated power meter going through a NEMA 14-50 receptacle from an un-upgraded 100A panel. Reason being:
1. Tesla wall connector to provide higher current than other in-market charger, if needed.
2. Plug modification allows the charger easy to relocate.
3. NEMA receptacle make sure redundancy if connector ever fail, or other brand charger is needed.
4. A dedicated meter records the real consumption of my EV. I have several 3rd party app, include stats, teslafi, TezLab, installed, but none reported same kWh charged numbers.

anyway, here’s my setupView attachment 496315

Look good to me. I just bought the silver wall connector but it does not have Nema 14 50 plug in. Did you modify yours into having Nema 14 50 plug? Or does only black wall connector comes as Nema 14-50 plug?

Anyone receive their completed rebate yet ?
I applied for condo pre-approval in Sept 2019 a few weeks right after the rebate program started.
I was granted pre-approval in early Dec 2019 and got the install completed immediately and then submitted all the final paperwork and receipts by mid Dec. Fortis website says it could take up to 3 months for rebate to be issued. Rebate program ends in March. I hope they grandfather rebate issuance for those who completed their submission prior to the program end date in March 2020.

@Stockboy : did you install in house or condo ? I got pre-approved in early December and completed the install and submitted all my receipts within a week later and still haven’t received my e-transfer.

House. I was surprised it was so fast!

Waiting since December is a long time, I would follow up on that. For my end of 2019 appliance rebate it turned out they had emailed me for a photo of the S/Ns, but it went to my junk and I never saw it. As soon as I sent it I got the rebate in like 7 days, maybe it's just missing info.

Just got my charger installed
3FFF1C9A-7839-4BDB-A88D-2770D6EE39B9.jpeg
80A1A32D-0DB5-4E60-B9CD-CA515AF56A7B.jpeg

Attachments

• 5E058077-56DB-4EAC-8C38-AABBFAE359BD.jpeg
    5E058077-56DB-4EAC-8C38-AABBFAE359BD.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 62
@Panda1 please keep us up to date.

I finally had time to call hydro today since I was working from home. 10 min wait on the General call line. They tried to contact the “EV rebate dept” but I was told they are not answering. So they created a note that they will send them on my behalf and I am to wait for their response. I live in a condo and was preapproved in Dec 2019 and submitted all my final receipts in mid-Dec so it has been almost 4 months when their website says rebates usually take 60 days once approved.

@Nepassnakes Yup I have sent about 4 follow up emails to that email address. I usually get a response in 1.5 months with an apology on email response delay. But since December I have had no response since getting the approval email. I hope my phone call gets the rebate processed faster. Being in a condo, my claim amount was much higher than the household one so it would be nice to get the rebate. But in reality, not having to go to a supercharger like I was every 2 days for 4 months feels great. The time I spent waiting in the mall and spending $40 every 2 days in the shopping mall where the supercharger was located would have costed me way more in the long run.

Just an update for everyone on my rebate :
SUCCESS, finally :)
I live in a condo. Applied for pre-approval in Sept 2019 a few weeks after the program started. I got pre-approved around 1st week of Dec 2019. I got the wall "charger" installed a few days after approval. I submitted the final documents and invoices to hydro mid-Dec 2019. Starting Feb 2020, I sent emails every 3 weeks asking about rebate status and did not get any response. In April 2020 I phoned the general hydro phone line and provided them my pre-approval file #, and they said they would send an internal email within hydro and that they were on skeleton crew. 3 weeks later in the middle of the night at 1am, I finally got the e-transfer money email from hydro. I deposited the e-transfer with no problem. My rebate was approximately $1500.