Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here in Victoria BC. reservation #484!

Has any BC owners applied for a received the $5000 incentive? If so, how does the procedure work? If we pay and finalize before March will it still be available? If we take delivery in April/May, which is likely, will it still be vaild?

Thanks!

Congrats on your reservation, neighbour!

The BC incentive is applied automatically by Tesla at the point of sale. Your final paperwork will reflect the discount off the full vehicle price (with options) BEFORE the HST is added (Yay!).

As far as I know, all the 30-40 Model S's delivered in BC so far have gotten the rebate (we did).

Right now, the program is set to expire on March 31, 2013, even though a minority of the budgeted funds have been disbursed. I would talk to Tesla and see if they can apply for your rebate and hold it until delivery, or contact your MLA to lobby for continuation of the program.

Thanks for the info. I will call Tesla and see what they can do. I haven't been invited to finalize, but based on recent activity, we should be coming up pretty soon.

I saw another link regarding the Sun Highway charging stations; Have the been installed? I have been doing work up and down the Island and having a safety charging net would be reassuring.

Still on the fence for Perf vs regular 85 ( well not really... ) Is the performance model all that it sounds like?

Spoke to Tesla folks in Toronto they were not certain but felt that the incentive only can be applied at the time of delivery. I hope it gets extended.

On another note, saw a Sig Model S driving through Duncan today. First one I have seen on the Island . Was that you Vger? It was both exciting to see, but I'll admit some envy!

Spoke to Tesla folks in Toronto they were not certain but felt that the incentive only can be applied at the time of delivery. I hope it gets extended.

On another note, saw a Sig Model S driving through Duncan today. First one I have seen on the Island . Was that you Vger? It was both exciting to see, but I'll admit some envy!

Hoping for the best for you!

No, it was not me in Duncan, perhaps Shorty.

Potential good news here guys. As I expect delivery between March to May or so, i am quite concerned about the BC incentive. So I emailed Cevforbc and they told me to watch for a big announcement this coming Thursday at Science World in Vancouver. They wouldn't say anything beyond that though. I hope they are extending the rebate!? Or better yet matching say Ontario's rebate!? Fingers crossed!

That is good to hear Morris. They told me something similar but were pretty cagey about.

I finalized tonight and was told delivery March/April. Nice to know we're getting something for our hard earned tax dollars!

Saw a black MS in Saanich on the weekend. These thing looks even better in person and a I am really looking forward to mine.

I have never driven one, yet am totally sold on dropping this amount of money on this technology and a philosophy that I totally believe in. In ties into so much that I do at work and my own interest.

Ocelot; I would be happy to oblige if you can wait until March....

Potential good news here guys. As I expect delivery between March to May or so, i am quite concerned about the BC incentive. So I emailed Cevforbc and they told me to watch for a big announcement this coming Thursday at Science World in Vancouver. They wouldn't say anything beyond that though. I hope they are extending the rebate!? Or better yet matching say Ontario's rebate!? Fingers crossed!

Here's a link to the Press Release for todays announcement.

B.C. plugging in to electric vehicle fast chargers

They just announced the location of Vancouver's first DC fast-charging station at Science World. No change to the EV Incentive amount or when it expires (March 30 2013).

Cheers.

Since the Nissan leaf club was mentioned in the article and thier representative was happy, i suspect it is a chademo dc plug. Then it is useless to us.

If we are lucky it will be a sae dc plug and there is a possibility of an adapter for tesla vehicles in the future if you get the supercharger option. This would also be useful for the spark and any other future north american manufacturer.

Apparently they are using the Eaton fast DC charger, which can be configured for both chademo and sae dc. So with an adapter, there may be oportunity in the future.

Back to topic, I called the order hotline and found out my order has an ETA in March sometime. So it is looking good to get the rebate, but cutting the line tight. They told me they are currently building 60kwh models with active suspension. Then they are going to build 85kwh models with active suspension. Then they are going to build 60kw models with regular suspension, which is my configuration. The fellow told me that there is still an opportunity for me to change my configuration to include active air suspension and get in this early batch. Should I spend the additional $1500 and reduce the benefit of the rebate to $3500 for a pretty much guaranteed rebate of some sorts, or should I just keep my standard suspension and hope they are true to getting it in March to get the full $5000 benefit of the rebate? Any thoughts?

Your forgetting another interesting fact about April 1st. Luxury vehicle tax comes back. Add another 3% to the price of your car + the $5k you loose cause of the $5k CEV rebate. Now, if the car doesn't arrive in time are you ok paying that on top of your additional $1500 for suspension... I took the gamble... sort of loosing sleep over it lol

So what are we looking for taxes in BC now with HST/GST changing?

More than likely we can all count on paying 15% tax (I doubt anyone is going to have a purchase price of < $57k). 5% GST plus 7, 8, 9, or 10% PST as follows:

7% < $55,000 = 12%
8% < $56,000 = 13%
9% < $57,000 = 14%
10% >= $57,000 = 15% <insert GASP>

I'll be buying it as a company car and now trying to figure out if I'll buy it personally. The company would get the 5% GST back, but 10% will become part of purchase price. If I finance the hell out of it personally, I may come out ahead since I drive 80%-90% for work and be able to claim under personal taxes. Hmmm... more calculations to do, but I'll try and let you know how it works out.