Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV Rebate Changes (Impacted Buyers Lets contact the MLAs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is great that the BC Government has set up a rebate program where qualifying EV's get an additional $5K rebate on their purchase on top of the Federal $5K. Unfortunately on June 22nd the BC Government has changed the rules where the Rebate is now $3K.

So here is my issue. I purchased or put a deposit down on June 8th which I consider reserving a TESLA Model 3 with the understanding that I would be able to get the full rebates from BC and Federal Governments. My delivery date is actually today and one would think that I would be able to qualify for the $5K based on the below statement.

"Vehicles that were bought or reserved during the previous incentive programs will still qualify for the higher rebates."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-government-reduces-ev-rebates-1.5186429

Trying to find the rules on the on the following official site but am not able too.
Clean Energy Vehicle Program | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC

So one would hope that given that I purchased/reserved my EV before the announcement that I would still qualify. It especially painful given that I am 1 day after the announcement. I had my payment all set up and bank draft made on June 20th.

I have sent an email to Roni who is the Program Administrator, for the CEVforBC™

TELSA is saying that I do not qualify for the $5K rebate for the following reasons

"Unfortunately though, in the eyes of the administrators of the CEVforBC incentive, your initial order agreement is not considered to be a reservation. Under their eyes, this is due to your order agreement being tied to a vehicle configuration, rather than a specific VIN."

I am confused because the rules are not clear but hopefully today I will get some clarification. (I did not get any clarification)

Any insights would be helpful because what should be an exciting day today is a little bittersweet now given that with a stroke of a pen I lost $2K in incentives.

I have emailed all of the MLAs as well which was three pages long expressing my thoughts and how putting a deposit down should be considered a Reservation. I strongly encourage everyone who has been affected by the sudden rule changes to also email all of the MLAs who voted for the change. If you need the list of MLAs please send me a note and I will send you what I have.

It is great that the BC Government has set up a rebate program where qualifying EV's get an additional $5K rebate on their purchase on top of the Federal $5K. Unfortunately on June 22nd the BC Government has changed the rules where the Rebate is now $3K.

So here is my issue. I purchased or put a deposit down on June 8th which I consider reserving a TESLA Model 3 with the understanding that I would be able to get the full rebates from BC and Federal Governments. My delivery date is actually today and one would think that I would be able to qualify for the $5K based on the below statement.

"Vehicles that were bought or reserved during the previous incentive programs will still qualify for the higher rebates."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-government-reduces-ev-rebates-1.5186429

Trying to find the rules on the on the following official site but am not able too.
Clean Energy Vehicle Program | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia | New Car Dealers of BC

So one would hope that given that I purchased/reserved my EV before the announcement that I would still qualify. It especially painful given that I am 1 day after the announcement. I had my payment all set up and bank draft made on June 20th.

I have sent an email to Roni who is the Program Administrator, for the CEVforBC™

TELSA is saying that I do not qualify for the $5K rebate for the following reasons

"Unfortunately though, in the eyes of the administrators of the CEVforBC incentive, your initial order agreement is not considered to be a reservation. Under their eyes, this is due to your order agreement being tied to a vehicle configuration, rather than a specific VIN."

I am confused because the rules are not clear but hopefully today I will get some clarification. (I did not get any clarification)

Any insights would be helpful because what should be an exciting day today is a little bittersweet now given that with a stroke of a pen I lost $2K in incentives.

I have emailed all of the MLAs as well which was three pages long expressing my thoughts and how putting a deposit down should be considered a Reservation. I strongly encourage everyone who has been affected by the sudden rule changes to also email all of the MLAs who voted for the change. If you need the list of MLAs please send me a note and I will send you what I have.
Check the BC EV rebate thread, it was posted earlier today that the government has changed their stance and anyone who placed an order before the 22nd is grandfathered in. No word yet on how existing pickups will get refunded, but you are good my friend...

• Informative
Reactions: m3snowy
Check the BC EV rebate thread, it was posted earlier today that the government has changed their stance and anyone who placed an order before the 22nd is grandfathered in. No word yet on how existing pickups will get refunded, but you are good my friend...
Fantastic I did not see the news release now its a matter of trying to figure out how to get the extra $2000.00 rebate back from the BC Government. Thanks for letting me know I guess the MLA's did listen :)

BC Rebate.jpg

The incentive money is paid directly to the EV vendor. The "figuring out" is to ensure that Tesla applies for it and reverses what it charged you.
Yes and now it's a matter of getting TESLA to actually respond back to me about getting my rebate. I have emailed them and no response yet. I actually emailed them right after my delivery same day within an hour to notify them of two small dents just above the wheel well passenger back. Didn't see it in the dark parkade only when I was out in the sunlight at my auto detailer. Anyway if anyone has any luck in getting a response from TESLA I would appreciate the contact as well.