Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC Hydro charging network, CCS, and the SETEC adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I am hoping to use BC Hydro charging stations for my Model Y. But I cannot seem to find ANY (Chademo or CCS) adaptor for sale anywhere! Where did you guys buy yours? I want to get a CCS Adapter for Tesla.
You’re in a bit of a bind right now. Tesla has discontinued their Chademo adapter so your only hope is to find one used but they’re pretty rare to find.

Tesla hasn’t released their ccs adapter yet but that’s what you’ll want. Just need patience. You can order the setec ccs adapter but it’s slow and expensive. You’ll only get a fraction of the speed you’ll get with teslas ccs adapter. So your best option is patience.

Reactions: WoodyOHill
You’re in a bit of a bind right now. Tesla has discontinued their Chademo adapter so your only hope is to find one used but they’re pretty rare to find.

Tesla hasn’t released their ccs adapter yet but that’s what you’ll want. Just need patience. You can order the setec ccs adapter but it’s slow and expensive. You’ll only get a fraction of the speed you’ll get with teslas ccs adapter. So your best option is patience.

Thank you for your reply!
I placed an order but it was cancelled as they said they are not yet shipping to Canada!

Are you a paid member of the official Tesla Owners Club of BC? If so, you might be able to borrow ours (the club’s), subject to availability.
Borrowing one is a good plan. You can buy them on eBay but expect to pay $800 or more, and the value will crash when the CCS adapter starts to ship -- but Tesla has been slow to do it. BC is definitely a place to have one of these adapters.

You can order one from Korea, delivered to a Korean address that will forward it to you, but only if you car car's info screen says it is enabled for CCS. Some older cars and some 2021 cars do not have the CCS chip.

Here is an article I wrote about a long road trip all over BC with the CHAdeMO adapter and other tricks. You Want Tesla’s CHAdeMO Adapter For EV Roadtrips — Form A Club

Well, not all over BC. You can't get north of Prince George, or to Bella Coola with fast charging.