Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[BC] PSA: Model 3 AWD added to CEV for BC eligible vehicle list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on one hand, the poor folks in Ontario go their rebate taken away from them which means a lot of people will be waffling on pulling the trigger on an order. Ultimately, this means more stock could potentially be allocated our way in the next big batch of cars.

On the other hand, it looks like the US will definitely be favoured in terms of order allocation and it's really unclear when the AWD/Performance will cross the boarder. We haven't even got a test drive car yet.

So on one hand, the poor folks in Ontario go their rebate taken away from them which means a lot of people will be waffling on pulling the trigger on an order. Ultimately, this means more stock could potentially be allocated our way in the next big batch of cars.

On the other hand, it looks like the US will definitely be favoured in terms of order allocation and it's really unclear when the AWD/Performance will cross the boarder. We haven't even got a test drive car yet.
The US isn't just being favoured with the AWD/P, they are getting pretty much everything at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Well, things change fast in the world of Tesla. This may be a case of good news/bad news for the folks waiting on an AWD or P model. It looks like a few of us are getting close to having a delivery scheduled (see the vancouver VIN thread) and we may see another wave of deliveries to YVR. Hopefully there will be some AWD and P versions there as the last wave of RWD cars ate up about 6-8 million dollars in CEV for BC funds.

You never know - it could be close. At the current rate, it looks like it should last for another 3 months.
I'm thinking two months. Really hope they will add more funds soon, but at this time it doesn't appear to be the case. I contacted someone at CEV last week and this is their response: "The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources is exploring funding options to continue the Charging Solutions and Incentive program and options to add more funding to the CEVforBC vehicle incentive program. At this time no decision to allocate additional funds to the program has been made."

the current rate is unsustainable once the model 3 starts getting delivered in quantities like June. Once the next group of deliveries hits the lower mainland, it will disappear in about 2-3 weeks.

I think the last batch of deliveries to Canada filled much of the pent up demand in Canada. Combined with the floodgate opening on US orders due to their incentive, there's a good chance we won't see something like that until the SR is produced en mass.

I've been thinking about switching from AWD to RWD due to the incentive and also the range. But I ordered the AWD like a month ago, and switching to RWD is gonna set me back a month in that queue. It feels like it would just increase my chance of getting the incentive slightly, and I'd hate to lose the AWD and still not get the incentive.

Anyone know if the BCCEV $5000 credit applies to the Model 3 performance ?

As the base msrp of a model is below 77k—or do they use the $84k for the performance version to calculate the credit?

The $5K CEV does apply to performance 3. I took delivery last week with it taken off my purchase price.

They use the base price of $45600 for the purchase price and then add LR battery, dual motor performance and other options separately to qualify for the CEV incentive.

The $5K CEV does apply to performance 3. I took delivery last week with it taken off my purchase price.

They use the base price of $45600 for the purchase price and then add LR battery, dual motor performance and other options separately to qualify for the CEV incentive.

Cool thanks . Congratulations on your new performance 3!

Did they take the rebate off before or after the taxes ?