Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC Racing Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a set of BC's for my Model Y. I've had BC's on 4 different cars - Lexus Ls400, '06 STi, 2000 Mustang GT and a '16 KIA Optima Turbo. Never any issues. I rode them ridiculously low on 2 of them and autoX and road raced 2 of them. Winter & summer. I've had air suspension on many other cars. No issue with the coilover ride quality. Tire profile has always had the greatest effect on ride quality in my experience.
send me a DM and i'll give you some info about it.

It’s the upper mount, I think it is just the type of bearing they use
The issue is they don't use a bearing. You can try a thrust sheet from swift springs but will require you to remove the damper. Just get the 65mm ID one. The biggest issue with our front suspension is that it rotates much like a strut and a lot of companies don't realize that so they don't incorporate a radial bearing.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
I believe BC only makes these coilovers for AWD variants. The front lower fork is completely different on RWD.

Danny

Danny ive just looked on the Australian BC website and they list coils for the RWD so i would assume they are also in the US market.

Reactions: MODEL+
My BC's are doing just fine....!!! loving the ride
image1-2.jpeg

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 83
Like this?...this is a standard range+ with 19x9.5 and a +22 offset with 265/35/19 tires
I think I can role with the setup I'm going for...you have any suggestions? I'm not looking to do 265 though...more like 245

245's will work fine. I've definitely seen that car but not convinced he wouldn't rub with some camber or fender mods. I ran this setup on my car which is a P model so I have a little more space and I would just barely rub the fender up front. With 245's you should be good to go.

(moderator note)

<insert general warning about people / shops that are not vendors posting activity that looks like sales> Note. If I see stuff like "PM me about it" from someone that I know is a commercial entity, that will likely bring temp bans, and not the 1 - 2 day variety.

Im inserting this warning in here because I am somewhat pretending not to notice, but would caution anyone in the situation I am outlining above to be very aware of their engagement here, etc.