Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC Rebate - Can I order now or wait until application processed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an application for the BC Rebate which I will be approved for but it was a 3 week processing time.

Can I order a Tesla now there is obviously a wait between time of order and time of delivery or should I wait until application processes?

Looking for people who have gone through the BC rebate program to answer this, thank you kindly!

Reactions: Colsla
I live in BC but am closer to Calgary Tesla then Vancouver so when I placed my order and entered my address it made me chose Calgary for delivery. Previously you could only claim the rebate through BC Dealers but I have no idea with the new rebate system. So many unknowns with the new system but I think as long as your rebate is approved before you take delivery you should be ok.

Those that placed the order, did you see the BC rebate right away in your account?

The rebate does not show up in my account, but hoping when I pick up the car they will apply both rebates.

I just had to call Tesla support and they added the rebate to my order. They just ask you to send them a copy of the email that shows you’re approved for the rebate. 👍

1675407249744.png

I just had to call Tesla support and they added the rebate to my order. They just ask you to send them a copy of the email that shows you’re approved for the rebate. 👍

View attachment 902787
Which email address did you send to, if you don’t mind sharing? When is your expected delivery date?

I called and spoke with Tesla support couple weeks ago, they said the same thing about the rebates being applied when the car is being picked up.

Does anyone know how BC will handle the situation if MYLR base price is raised above $70K for orders placed now but delivered after a price increase?

As soon as Tesla raises the MYLR price to $70K or above the MYLR will be removed from the list of qualifying vehicles. Will BC rebate still be valid for those that ordered when the base MSRP was $69,990 or will they be screwed?

I'm assuming Tesla will raise the price as they just raised US prices yesterday. Unless they really do care about keeping it valid for the BC rebate even though it will never be valid for the Federal rebate.

Does anyone know how BC will handle the situation if MYLR base price is raised above $70K for orders placed now but delivered after a price increase?

As soon as Tesla raises the MYLR price to $70K or above the MYLR will be removed from the list of qualifying vehicles. Will BC rebate still be valid for those that ordered when the base MSRP was $69,990 or will they be screwed?

I'm assuming Tesla will raise the price as they just raised US prices yesterday. Unless they really do care about keeping it valid for the BC rebate even though it will never be valid for the Federal rebate.
They will still honor it.
this mentions iZev but I believe BC would follow suit as well.
Also I highly doubt they will raise prices in Canada. cars just are not selling that well here, you can see a bunch of inventories sitting that are just above threshold, which means consumers are very sensitive to the price changes in the current environment.
in fact, despite US prices going up, Tesla lowered prices of cars in S. Korea to be eligible for incentives.

Reactions: arbitrage000