Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC2BC Washington Check Points

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Game on! Plug-In North Central Washington has agreed to sponsor three check points in Washington State for the 2014 BC2BC Rally. On 16 August the rally drivers will have a choice as they prepare to depart Seattle on the final run to "BC, Canada." Check Points are really great opportunities to generate some local interest in EVs and electrification in general. We will be there with volunteers, information and electrified cars, bicycles and UTVs. It will be fun. If you happen to be visiting in central Washington and would like to be a part of this let us know.

Last edited:
Jack, where are the "check points"? I may be able to help at one.
On another topic, had to attend a convention last week in Spokane, five days and NO CHARGING OPTIONS ANYWHERE IN SPOKANE!!! Range charged in Ritzville parked for the duration of the convention, lost exactly 1 mi. per day, made it back to Ritzville with 85 mi. on the gauge. Really made a pest of myself while at the convention, blasted everyone from the C of C to the hotel managers to the manager of the Convention Center, let them know in no uncertain term how many tourist $ they were throwing away by being anti EV. Likely did no good but I tried.
Where you still going to send me info on how to duplicate your org. on this side of the hill? I have a new partner in Grays Harbor.

Good effort.

Not sure if it is worth duplicating their efforts as Jack and others have such a good start already. Are there a few people on that side who would sponsor a CS-90 station? Jack will know but I believe if you donate it you can ask for placement in a certain location. Have you talked with someone there who is willing to host a donated EVSE?

Last edited:
Good effort.

Not sure if it is worth duplicating their efforts as Jack and others have such a good start already. Are there a few people on that side who would sponsor a CS-90 station? Jack will know but I believe if you donate it you can ask for placement in a certain location. Have you talked with someone there who is willing to host a donated EVSE?
Jack has done wonders, but is limited by the territory of the NCW economic development council, I want to concentrate on the Olympic Peninsula / Hwy. 101 corridor. We have funds available and are working with several potential host businesses, just want to make sure we do it right as Jack has done and not have to "reinvent the wheel"

Jack has done wonders, but is limited by the territory of the NCW economic development council, I want to concentrate on the Olympic Peninsula / Hwy. 101 corridor. We have funds available and are working with several potential host businesses, just want to make sure we do it right as Jack has done and not have to "reinvent the wheel"

Great. Nice work on raising funds. Might be worth contacting Jack to see if he has any tips about a successful rollout.

Last edited:
psingram,
My son and I installed a HPWC at his house in Spokane so we can charge while visiting. It's on Plug Share and is located about a mile or so North of the Arena and
Downtown, and he is dying for people to use it...

Jack, where are the "check points"? I may be able to help at one.
On another topic, had to attend a convention last week in Spokane, five days and NO CHARGING OPTIONS ANYWHERE IN SPOKANE!!! Range charged in Ritzville parked for the duration of the convention, lost exactly 1 mi. per day, made it back to Ritzville with 85 mi. on the gauge. Really made a pest of myself while at the convention, blasted everyone from the C of C to the hotel managers to the manager of the Convention Center, let them know in no uncertain term how many tourist $ they were throwing away by being anti EV. Likely did no good but I tried.
Where you still going to send me info on how to duplicate your org. on this side of the hill? I have a new partner in Grays Harbor.

BC2BC North Central Washington Check Points

Tony Williams the organizer of the BC2BC Rally would like the actual check points to remain "unknown" to the participants. To facilitate this; if you would like to assist please use the Private Message feature of this forum to communicate with me on this topic. Plug-In NCW is sponsoring three check points in Washington, and you might guess that they would be in north central Washington. We are looking for help in staffing the points on 16 August from about 10 AM until possibly 10 PM. Rally drivers will check in an draw a card to validate that they were at the point. We want to use the points as opportunities to "talk" electric cars with local residents and media reporters. More to come...