TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BC2BC Washington Check Points

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by JackA, Jun 22, 2014.

1. JackA

JackA Member

#1 JackA, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Game on! Plug-In North Central Washington has agreed to sponsor three check points in Washington State for the 2014 BC2BC Rally. On 16 August the rally drivers will have a choice as they prepare to depart Seattle on the final run to "BC, Canada." Check Points are really great opportunities to generate some local interest in EVs and electrification in general. We will be there with volunteers, information and electrified cars, bicycles and UTVs. It will be fun. If you happen to be visiting in central Washington and would like to be a part of this let us know.

2. psingram

psingram Member

Jack, where are the "check points"? I may be able to help at one.
    On another topic, had to attend a convention last week in Spokane, five days and NO CHARGING OPTIONS ANYWHERE IN SPOKANE!!! Range charged in Ritzville parked for the duration of the convention, lost exactly 1 mi. per day, made it back to Ritzville with 85 mi. on the gauge. Really made a pest of myself while at the convention, blasted everyone from the C of C to the hotel managers to the manager of the Convention Center, let them know in no uncertain term how many tourist $ they were throwing away by being anti EV. Likely did no good but I tried.
    Where you still going to send me info on how to duplicate your org. on this side of the hill? I have a new partner in Grays Harbor.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#3 dsm363, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Good effort.

Not sure if it is worth duplicating their efforts as Jack and others have such a good start already. Are there a few people on that side who would sponsor a CS-90 station? Jack will know but I believe if you donate it you can ask for placement in a certain location. Have you talked with someone there who is willing to host a donated EVSE?

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I am willing to host a check point in San Luis Obispo at my home. I have 4 X 14-50, TS-70 (j1772) and an HPWC at 80 amps.

5. psingram

psingram Member

Jack has done wonders, but is limited by the territory of the NCW economic development council, I want to concentrate on the Olympic Peninsula / Hwy. 101 corridor. We have funds available and are working with several potential host businesses, just want to make sure we do it right as Jack has done and not have to "reinvent the wheel"

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#6 dsm363, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Great. Nice work on raising funds. Might be worth contacting Jack to see if he has any tips about a successful rollout.

7. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

psingram,
    My son and I installed a HPWC at his house in Spokane so we can charge while visiting. It's on Plug Share and is located about a mile or so North of the Arena and
    Downtown, and he is dying for people to use it...

8. freds

freds Member

I can take you up on that; taking delivery of a dual charger vehicle this week and will be visiting family in Spokane.

9. JackA

JackA Member

aja246: Thanks for putting your home charger on PlugShare! Spokane has been a real problem. Please be sure to stop by in Orondo if you need an 80A charge, also on PlugShare.

10. JackA

JackA Member

BC2BC North Central Washington Check Points

Tony Williams the organizer of the BC2BC Rally would like the actual check points to remain "unknown" to the participants. To facilitate this; if you would like to assist please use the Private Message feature of this forum to communicate with me on this topic. Plug-In NCW is sponsoring three check points in Washington, and you might guess that they would be in north central Washington. We are looking for help in staffing the points on 16 August from about 10 AM until possibly 10 PM. Rally drivers will check in an draw a card to validate that they were at the point. We want to use the points as opportunities to "talk" electric cars with local residents and media reporters. More to come...