Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be aware! Missing Control Arm Nut: Potential Safety Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took our model Y to the service center today for an unrelated issue. As it was produced during this target period, I asked about the recall. They very sternly answered that’s it’s not officially documented yet, so they will not look at it. FYI FWIW YMMV

We took our model Y to the service center today for an unrelated issue. As it was produced during this target period, I asked about the recall. They very sternly answered that’s it’s not officially documented yet, so they will not look at it. FYI FWIW YMMV
I think I would have very firmly, but politely, replied, "Please let me see your Manager". Checking a bolt/nut is properly tightened and torqued is not that big of a deal unless they have to remove things to get to it. Which is not my understanding for the recall in question.

Reactions: dcm3
My mechanic noticed a missing nut on my control arm today? Pretty sketchy…
F0AAB309-BC01-4107-83D7-11B11A1CA7BF.jpeg

Received delivery of an LR MY end of June after an 11-month wait. Car had a rattle sound from what I thought was under the dashboard and something felt "loose" while steering. Mobile tech came to install garage opener and when I explained the situation, he said service center needed to check out. Due to popularity/high demand, local service center is perpetually busy. Six weeks after vehicle receipt, service center found that both tie rod bolts were loose. It was listed as courtesy repair on the invoice, but you guys know about that...

I joked with the tech that tie rod may be issue when i dropped car off, but it turned out that was the problem. It was a "safety issue" and I shouldn't drive the vehicle were the words of the tech that did the road test. The more I think about this, the more upset I feel because I put my family in that car and drove them almost 2k miles. We received a vehicle that was not finished assembly.

Received delivery of an LR MY end of June after an 11-month wait. Car had a rattle sound from what I thought was under the dashboard and something felt "loose" while steering. Mobile tech came to install garage opener and when I explained the situation, he said service center needed to check out. Due to popularity/high demand, local service center is perpetually busy. Six weeks after vehicle receipt, service center found that both tie rod bolts were loose. It was listed as courtesy repair on the invoice, but you guys know about that...

I joked with the tech that tie rod may be issue when i dropped car off, but it turned out that was the problem. It was a "safety issue" and I shouldn't drive the vehicle were the words of the tech that did the road test. The more I think about this, the more upset I feel because I put my family in that car and drove them almost 2k miles. We received a vehicle that was not finished assembly.
Sell it, that will show Tesla!

Selling the car after it is fixed won’t punish tesla in any way if that was your intent. Also tesla wouldn’t know the car was even sold.
Best to sell a car because it is not wanted.

It's not that Tesla wouldn't know, you do transfer ownership via the app, its that they wouldn't care. You missed my sarcasm font.

Dang brother, you just got ant-splained 🤣

Yeah, I sure did brother gus.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus