Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be aware that Tesla SC don't supply any cables with loaners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something in my recent experience to watch out for is that Tesla no longer supply any cables at all with the loan cars, and typically the cars only have 50% charge.
What's more they dont tell you this - you have to find out for yourself.

(apparently the cables get nicked all the time - which is pathetic in itself that ppl do this and therefore a reaction from Tesla is understandable - but why not count them out and count them back or you get charged, not so difficult surely. Also I dont know if this is policy across all Tesla SC's)

I just charge on a commando socket at the office with the UMC if I ever need to top up.
Went to do just that with the loaner as it was only a part charged 75KWH MX and wtf - no cables!

I had to take a 40mile round trip detour to a supercharger to be able to be able to get home.

Lesson, keep your own cables with you when you take your car to a SC if you think there is any risk of needing them.

The loaner Model X I had from Bristol had no cable, which I was told when it was passed to me. Also because it “keeps being stolen”. Good to know Tesla owners can be just as shitty human beings as everyone else.

I don’t think the policy is unreasonable really, but definitely something you need to be aware of.

Slightly related but when my Model 3 was delivered it didn’t have a Type-2 cable. After chasing it both Tesla Heathrow and Tesla Bristol sent me one. I informed the latter who stopped the second delivery. That’s because I’m not a thieving c**t.

Interesting that some get cables, some don't.
So no Tesla policy being played out here, just a lottery if you get a cable or not.

Not sure which is worse really, but sure you want to check your loaner if there is any chance you might need one.