Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be careful of shooting yourself in the foot with an M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trading my M3P I got in March 2020 in for a new M3P due in March 2022. Even though in the last 2 years have barely driven above 30mph (I mean living in London above 20mph is lightspeed), I decided to give the M3LR a test drive to see if I'm happy with saving 150 quid a month.

Meh. It was nice, but I instantly disliked the elevated ride, and it just didn't feel right. Acceleration was noticeably slower when I did find one moment to put down. Also didn't help the bloddy showroom had a white M3P in the colour I wanted. No bloddy black (swirl and scratch magnet, made me fork 4k out for stealth PPF and looks sexy for only 10 seconds after being washed until the dust settles on it). No white interior either, I think I'm a goth and I want my ride dark and moody and white is just so bright.

I'm so excited again, but even to this day this is the best car ever owned, like 7 previous cars I was bored of after 3-4 months. Only trading it in as there is some distortion in the space time continuum where the value hold is insane, why not get that heated steering wheel, electric boot, heat pump, even sexier wheels, improved window glass and better console with wireless charging and restart the value of the car from high? Also chome can suck balls, no need to pay for chrome delete again (handle wraps feel so rubbish).

Don't get a M3P if you think you might want to be economical in the future!

Reactions: jmaddr
Every one is different - I went from a MS P90DL that would show a clean pair of heels to any M3 and after 3 years happy to have the more forgiving wheels of a M3 LR albeit with acceleration boost. The M3 P I drove was worse than my MS on 21” wheels over potholes and uneven surfaces. If the roads where you are happen to be decent then great, where I am the roads are rubbish but it’s rare to not drove at 60 every time I venture out and the LR is ideal

Every one is different - I went from a MS P90DL that would show a clean pair of heels to any M3 and after 3 years happy to have the more forgiving wheels of a M3 LR albeit with acceleration boost. The M3 P I drove was worse than my MS on 21” wheels over potholes and uneven surfaces. If the roads where you are happen to be decent then great, where I am the roads are rubbish but it’s rare to not drove at 60 every time I venture out and the LR is ideal
Didn't your MS have air suspension though? If so wouldn't that explain it?

What was your trade in quote if you don’t mind me asking?

My 2020 M3P was nearly £61k with FSD. Getting a similar spec again would be knocking on the door of £69k.
51k - I do have EAP. Did you order with FSD as I got EAP after purchase, maybe I should call them to find out if this is being factored in?

Was FSD mentioned in the quote you received?

Reactions: Durzel
I haven’t had a quote yet. I’ve done one with Tesla that I’m waiting for now. Was your trade in price through Tesla then, or somewhere else?

My car was ordered with FSD but not sure if it counts when it comes to trade in.

Attachments

• 20181020_091516.jpg
    20181020_091516.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190314_095635.jpg
    20190314_095635.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: odyssey96
I haven’t had a quote yet. I’ve done one with Tesla that I’m waiting for now. Was your trade in price through Tesla then, or somewhere else?

My car was ordered with FSD but not sure if it counts when it comes to trade in.
Ah sorry I got confused. I thought you meant you got an offer for 61K. Yeah I got the offer through the trade in link on the Tesla site.