Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be Safe Out There

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0946.jpeg
I almost was able to avoid the left turner. Dang it.
2019-05-01_15-31-front.mp4
2019-05-01_15-31-left_repeater.mp4
IMG_0946.jpeg

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Neither of the two videos you posted are accessible. Not sure what the issue is with the YT one. Is it set to private? I can see an image of what the preview is but when I click on it I get the unavailable message.

All the same, sorry to see your baby :( Assume you were okay though.

Neither of the two videos you posted are accessible. Not sure what the issue is with the YT one. Is it set to private? I can see an image of what the preview is but when I click on it I get the unavailable message.

All the same, sorry to see your baby :( Assume you were okay though.
Yes, thanks. All parts accounted for. I think I fixed the privacy issue with the videos.

Reactions: SMAlset
Did you have Forward Collision Warning and Automatic Emergency Braking activated? Seems like that might have avoided the collision or at least slowed you down some.
Not sure what sounds the car was making at the time as I was swerving right to try and avoid the contact. We were going pretty slow, or at least I was, when we made contact. Maybe 10 mph? And yes, both are always enabled.

What could that driver have possibly been looking at to not see you coming? I know there are plenty of things to distract people, but who the heck tries to turn across oncoming traffic without looking at the oncoming traffic? Super frustrating. Glad you’re alright.

Did the other party get a ticket? Were the police interested in seeing the dash cam?
I'm not sure how the officer dealt with the other driver. He brought me the drivers paperwork to photograph and told me she admitted to not seeing me at all when turning left. I was assigned to call AAA to get a tow truck while he dealt with the other driver. I don't think the officer knew I had access to video and I didn't think of it until I got out of the tow vehicle and grabbed the drive. Distracted driving is the norm now. She had her older teenage kids in the car with her and who knows what was going on. One of the kids said he couldn't believe she just did that and was holding on for impact.

That sucks but I assume everyone involved was OK.

Are the rumors of Tesla's being in body shop limbo true? Might just be due to what region people are in? Horror stories here in the Bay Area. Can you follow up with the time your car will be out of commission?