Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beach Buggy Racing 2 with XBOX One Controller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As with 2019.28.x Beach Buggy Racing 2 has received an extension that a game controller can be used to play this game, time had come to buy a game controller. My PlayStation 3 controller did not work. Searching of TMC and other forums did not give a clear advise on which controller to use.
I ended up buying a XBOX One Controller, which initially did not work. But after a little trying out I managed to get it running. The trick is to first connect it to a PC / Mac running Windows 10, which one way or the other sets a certain switch in the controller enabling it to work in my Tesla Model 3.

Whole story can be read HERE.

XBOX-One-Controller.jpg

The trick is to first connect it to a PC / Mac running Windows 10, which one way or the other sets a certain switch in the controller enabling it to work in my Tesla Model 3.
This seems very anecdotal. These controllers don't have some sort of memory that suddenly allows it to be used elsewhere.

The trick to getting the controllers to work has to do with the timing of connecting the controller before starting the game. It's a USB device. It doesn't care where it's plugged in to. The receiving end (computer) needs to be able to interpret the commands. If you had an adapter you could hook one to to your phone and use it with certain games.

This seems very anecdotal. These controllers don't have some sort of memory that suddenly allows it to be used elsewhere.

The trick to getting the controllers to work has to do with the timing of connecting the controller before starting the game. It's a USB device. It doesn't care where it's plugged in to. The receiving end (computer) needs to be able to interpret the commands. If you had an adapter you could hook one to to your phone and use it with certain games.

Those controllers do have firmware that is updated by the Xbox, could affect compatibility.

Now that I have an xbox controller plugged in, I am enjoying beach buggy racing. It is a lot of fun. Much like another favorite, Mario karts. The 3 levels, Chill, Performance, Ludicrous are aptly named. Chill is easy and a way to learn the course. There are some shortcuts and alternate routes that you can take. Performance stiffens up the competition a bit. Ludicrous is tough.

Does anyone know how to select the player to deliver a surprise box to? You choose when to deploy the box, but them a selection of the drivers appear. I have not figured out the order presented on that list (closest person to you or perhaps the current position order). Also haven't figured out how to cycle through the order and how to select that driver for your present.

A bit miffed that the cars listed at the end, only include 3,X or S. They should fix that to include the Y, especially if you are sitting in one!
I know this is a Model 3 forum, but no one from the Y's want to talk about this game.

You need to win a race to unlock the other characters and courses.

Haven't figured out if you can drift and get a speed boost from that.

Any hints, tips or tricks you wish to share?