Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@beachbum77 thread (out of Market Action)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love this forum because of the ruthless FUD-busting that goes on here(ie Donn Bailey).

Truth is good for the soul.
You want to have some fun? You should read the comments to some of my articles. They go off on tangents that have NOTHING to do with the article. KInda like what we are doing right now. So back to market action.

The Fremont fire is a non-issue according to the fire department. Let's see what the press does with this.

You want to have some fun? You should read the comments to some of my articles. They go off on tangents that have NOTHING to do with the article. KInda like what we are doing right now. So back to market action.

The Fremont fire is a non-issue according to the fire department. Let's see what the press does with this.

We've pretty much went over both side of bear and bull arguments several times already.

All I am interested in any person who post here are position and timing.

You said you have both call and puts.

What are the strike, what are the prices and what are the dates.

So you're going write an article on SA about all of the non-issue FUD about TSLA? Tesla isn't perfect, but the FUD is ridiculous.

Well the definition is more specific than that. :-0
As I understand the law, unless you have been contacted to participate already in the go-private move there is nothing stopping a large player from accumulating a position or increasing one. That would just be a smart move. Many here did just that when Musk made his tweet. Since we are now in limbo anyone should be able to take a position as they choose. As far as anyone knows right now only the Saudi PIF would be unable to increase their position IMO.

LIke most options traders I work stocks from both directions. Long term I hold Jan and Mar 2019 puts. Short term I held May and August calls and recently lost a pretty sizable amount when my understanding of "funding secured" was not accurate. If Tesla was priced based on fundamentals I'd be holding calls only or shares if they paid dividends. But it isn't priced that way so I see it as a high-risk trade for now. Certainly too high to hold the stock itself.

If you have read my articles you know I try to balance the argument. I present options Tesla could employ to cut costs and increase profits. The argument "we" all want Tesla to fail is completely absurd. 35,000 jobs are at stake just here in the U.S. I just test drove the Model 3 yesterday. Pretty awesome car! The local showroom still does not have a P3+, just two RWD units. I am still holding out for the SR for a commuter car.

Great products do not make a great company in every case. Tesla has issues. I wrote an article a few months back that Tesla needed a COO to run the day-to-day while Musk steers the ship. Seems others are starting to agree, So dismissing all authors as one sided is pretty narrow-minded.

I will be the first to admit some of the press sure seem focused on the negative aspects of everything Tesla. After the crash of 2008 I trust WS even less then I did before. They seem to operate with complete immunity. When they run the train off the cliff the government bails them out. So is there a fair playing field? Not hardly as I see it.

Fixed that for you...

LOL... I think you mean Business Insider "based on a source".
And sure enough, Business Insider had the first article on the fire, not SA.

Fire erupts near the Tesla factory in Fremont, California

In other news Tesla has added hundreds of new and demo units to its website inventory for Model S and X. Here come the discounts right on schedule. It is August 2017 all over again. Let's hope this effort goes as well as last year even without Jon McNeill to lead the charge.

Guess you need to read some of the articles. "Tesla needs a COO". Who disagrees with that? I wrote that a while back.

I’m sure in a previous lifetime you might have been a divorce lawyer recommending divorces to perspective clients.

You love Elon Musk and Tesla so much that you are practically on your hands and knees begging for the sake of Musk, Tesla and all things good in the world they get a new COO immediately.

A COO would totally turn Tesla around, fix all their problems and they will start making big time profits.

Which would burn your puts to the ground. - If you were self sacrificial and altruistic. I don’t think you would recommend an outcome that would be counter to your financial interests.

You might be the 3rd person behind Montana Skeptic and Anton Wahlman that people should run away when hearing sweet nothings whispered in their ears.

Would a COO help? Perhaps.. but I would never advise one to be appointed on the suggestion and timing of someone shorting the company.

Tesla does this on their own time and terms after a big short burn.

The latest bear vector of attack via Tesla employee departures is ridiculous. Even a janitor can’t leave the company without some story behind it.

Tesla hiring a COO right now would just let Shorts regurgitate every single Tesla problem whether they be real, exaggerated or complete lies.

Tesla just needs to work on their stated goal of GAAP profitability Q3, Q4 and then evaluate from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I’m sure in a previous lifetime you might have been a divorce lawyer recommending divorces to perspective clients.

You love Elon Musk and Tesla so much that you are practically on your hands and knees begging for the sake of Musk, Tesla and all things good in the world they get a new COO immediately.

A COO would totally turn Tesla around, fix all their problems and they will start making big time profits.

Which would burn your puts to the ground. - If you were self sacrificial and altruistic. I don’t think you would recommend an outcome that would be counter to your financial interests.

You might be the 3rd person behind Montana Skeptic and Anton Wahlman that people should run away when hearing sweet nothings whispered in their ears.

Would a COO help? Perhaps.. but I would never advise one to be appointed on the suggestion and timing of someone shorting the company.

Tesla does this on their own time and terms after a big short burn.

The latest bear vector of attack via Tesla employee departures is ridiculous. Even a janitor can’t leave the company without some story behind it.

Tesla hiring a COO right now would just let Shorts regurgitate every single Tesla problem whether they be real, exaggerated or complete lies.

Tesla just needs to work on their stated goal of GAAP profitability Q3, Q4 and then evaluate from there.
I am already profitable on all of my puts and playing with "house" money. That is what none of you seem to understand. Look at the price action on Monday. Someone started buying up huge amounts of $50 Jan puts. It drove the price up to $1.65 triggering my $1.60 sell order I had placed a while back. I saw it that night and placed another order to buy them back at $1.10. Guess what? It filled today. Rinse and repeat. This is the third or fourth time we have done this just in 2018.

A profitable Tesla would be great. I could then switch over to playing with calls and puts at the same time. The buy and hold guys are pretty much treading water this year, while the options guys are cleaning up on these swings. I don't believe in shorting stocks and for good reason. Tesla shorts have been getting their butts kicked for years. But the wild swings that are so common are an options trader's paradise.

Musk is a hard person to please. So he butts heads with other managers and execs. So did Jobs. SV is a revolving door with people bouncing between companies. You hire a COO to fill a need. You do not time it for a market issue. That is Musk's problem right now. He is obsessed with issues he should be ignoring and focusing on Tesla. You read the threads I know. Deliveries are a mess right now. If Tesla does not achieve a profit in Q3 that will be the cause. That is where he should be focused now.

You have read enough to know not everyone will be able to come along in a private move. It is a waste of time and money that Tesla can ill afford right now. Those who cannot join will vote no in order to not be kicked out of future earnings. If Musk really wants to take shorts to the cleaners all he has to do is get Tesla sustainably profitable as he has promised.

You can probably find the info in the forums. That’s how I found it. Sorry don’t really trust giving you this kind of info, but good luck with your mission!
LOL. Try looking at the Tesla website. After months of not listing any new cars they have now started loading the website with new cars for sale at discounts. I just found out tonite when I checked the site. August 2017 is back!

Now let's see if they can get rid of some of this damn inventory.

LOL. Try looking at the Tesla website. After months of not listing any new cars they have now started loading the website with new cars for sale at discounts. I just found out tonite when I checked the site. August 2017 is back!

Now let's see if they can get rid of some of this damn inventory.
The Tesla site purposely makes it difficult to do nationwide searches. Keep searching!