Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beat up a Lambo with a 5x8 trailer attached. Guy was not happy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sound of an ICE trying its hardest is very tell tale.

One doesn’t also “ease” their way into 20 mph over the speed limit.

He “won” the 70+ segment because I was not willing to drive that egregiously.

So it was a race and he beat you?!

What are you bragging about then?

And why are you flaming the Lambo for going 70+ when you clearly accelerated to 50 at a “ludicrous” rate?

So it was a race and he beat you?!

What are you bragging about then?

And why are you flaming the Lambo for going 70+ when you clearly accelerated to 50 at a “ludicrous” rate?

You mean 60 at a ludicrous rate. I felt ok at 10 over. ;)

When your Tesla looks like this, you are expected to talk *sugar* after burning a Lambo who wants to play.

A4D863AF-391A-4B8E-8CC1-1BC440E00273.jpeg

Because beating a Lambo even to 50 with a SUV-ish platform while having a trailer attached is pretty chuckle-worthy....

60 my friend and thanks for getting the point.

I have a Lambo (Gallardo) and a P100D MX, and I can assure you he wasn't trying at all if you beat him. I can barely beat my Gallardo to 60 mph in my MX when it's fully warmed up in Ludicrous+ launch mode, and once above 60 the Lambo easily takes over as it's just reaching the high end of second gear with plenty of power to rocket past my X.

That being said, in a Lambo everyone tries to race you, and I mean everyone.. from Nissans to Acuras and especially motorcycles, even sometimes big diesel trucks (not kidding). It's just part of having a car like that. It becomes so common you just have to ignore it or you'd never be able to enjoy your car, not mention the traffic tickets lol! So while I'll occasionally rev my engine for someone trying to race I never race unless they're willing to meet me at the track (they never are), so my guess is the guy was just having a little fun since he recognizes Tesla as a nice brand, but in no way was he actually serious about racing.

Teslas are amazing and fast but they aren't THAT fast!! :D

Teslas are amazing and fast but they aren't THAT fast!!

Not every lambo is 3 seconds or under. Diablo and earlier is not I am pretty sure.

It’s so cal, no one gives a crap about Lambo. It’s being Lambo and driving obnoxiously at the same time that was the trigger.

I am sure you are better than that but not everyone is you. :)

Appreciate the commentary.

Trading in Gallardo for Roadster 2.0? :D

Not every lambo is 3 seconds or under. Diablo and earlier is not I am pretty sure.

It’s so cal, no one gives a crap about Lambo. It’s being Lambo and driving obnoxiously at the same time that was the trigger.

I am sure you are better than that but not everyone is you. :)

Appreciate the commentary.

Trading in Gallardo for Roadster 2.0? :D

True, there are a lot of obnoxious fools out there!! And a lot that only purchased them for looks and don't know how to actually drive them - it's not like driving your daddy's Cadillac :D

I should also mention that beating a Lambo off the line at a red light is usually really easy as most drivers put their car in neutral when stopped at a light, leaving it in gear can wear the clutch. Once the light turns green I put it in first but it takes a second for it to go into gear from neutral, like literally a full one Mississippi lol! So unless I'm really trying to time the light by watching the other lights I'm normally the last car to move once it turns green. This is totally opposite from my MX which flies off the line immediately when it turns green, and can give the appearance my MX is faster. However, on a track with both cars in launch mode the race is much, much closer.

And yes, I'm very interested in the new Roadster!! Not sure I can part with the Gallardo but that 1.9 0-60 might just change my mind :p

I don't know what an HW2 car is , and neither does Scarlett.

Join date of August 11th?

Figured you must be new. HW 2 and uncorking would not be in your lexicon.

No reason to get downvotes from lying - I can do that just from telling truths no one likes to hear. ;)

However, on a track with both cars in launch mode the race is much, much closer.

My friend that would explain a lot. Lambo slow off the line but then goes as fast as possible. 20+ over inside the city? Really?

You can always tell when a WRX, Corvette etc is pushing - high rpm, loud noises but car is standing still / in the rear view of a Tesla.

I’m thinking I could have taken the Model X, Uhaul trailer and all to Nurburgring and smoke this guy with his *sugar* launches. Though he’d overcome that disadvantage after a few seconds. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOman
Searched for threads on towing trailers as I'm looking to spend more time on the road and found my old thread.

Bad news is the old 6 Seat 75D is no longer. I needed 7 seats and fold down.

Good news is 100P would have whooped this lambo even harder. :D

I wish I saw more X's on the road towing things, range difficulties be damned.