Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beat up old Corolla - trade it in to Tesla or sell on Carvana, Carmax or others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have old 2011 Toyota Corolla LE to get rid off I had for over 11 years before I switch to Tesla M3. It has 125k miles, the interior just need deep cleanup (gray fabric seats blackened), probably needs new steering wheel since the old is crumbling. I had it modified to fit aftermarket car speakers and media player in dashboard. The steering wheel controls work with my aftermarket media player. Carvana based on my input information for vehicle condition estimated at 5k+. I see vehicles on Carmax close to my model and mileage sell for almost 15k but interior looks much nicer, not just clean, but also have OEM media player, and few upgrades (such as they have moon roof, mine doesn't, black plastic/leather seats, mine grey fabric that can get easily stained). The exterior is OK but has some scraps on bumper.

Not sure if its worth any minor repair, reconditioning before putting it up for sale. I do plan to have interior deep cleaned at least. What I should know before I trade it either to Tesla or on third party like Carmax?

To keyboard warriors who worry how I will take care of Tesla, well I will care more about Tesla than Toyota, because I purchased not entirely from my own will but parents pressure after I graduated from college. But I kept it and it turned out to be very reliable and had very few problems with it which I loved it. Before Tesla became popular, I was more fascinated with Audi, BMW and Lexus and would had probably gotten a used one on the market if it was up to only me. Obviously later models were much nicer but determined to pay off loan and did not make a single car payment loan in 6 years.

What you are describing is a “Craigslist Car”. The big places don’t want it and will offer you peanuts. List it on a classifieds site and sell it directly. In the current market it will go very quickly for far more than anyone will give you on trade.