TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Beatles on Slacker?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Cal1, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Cal1

Cal1 Member

Can't seem to find any of the new Beatles streaming albums/stations on Slacker. Is this somehow absent from our Tesla subscription? Nothing like the references I see on the Slacker website.

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Slacker's catalog is pretty bad, but they do have "some" Beatles tunes. With the standard Slacker subscription that comes with a Tesla it's very hard to get to hear some artists. I guess their contracts are too expensive for Slacker to play them.

3. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Pretty sure Apple owns the Beatles catalog and charges quite a bit for it. It is one of the gaps that Slacker has.

4. Glitch

Glitch Member

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

I get Beatles stations but I think you need Slacker Premium for albums.

6. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

That is not true. Apple Records was founded by the Beatles. It is a separate company from Apple Inc... Apple Records - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This post was started since the Beatles catalog was just made avail to streaming providers last week, and people are now looking for it in their Teslas...

7. Zextraterrestrial

maybe it's something like the artist that was once called 'Prince' on Youtube
    there might be a couple of bad videos but not much

8. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

I've between playing The Beatles on Slacker since Christmas Eve. Did a voice command "Play The Beatles," scroll past all the songs to Artists in the pop-up and there you go. Like all the Slacker "stations" you will get a variety of other artists.

9. Cal1

Cal1 Member

No I was looking for Beatle stations like this

Slacker Radio | The Beatles now on Slacker

Much more than the Beatles DNA. I realize we don't have the premium version but I thought we were better than the free basic service.

10. msnow

msnow Active Member

We have it. I've been listening to the various Beatle stations. Just log in via the Slacker mobile app or web page with your Tesla credentials and find the Beatle station you want and select "Add to My Music". When you go to your car the station will be in your favorites like below.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451525890.781928.jpg

11. Cal1

Cal1 Member

How/where do I find the Tesla login credentials? Didn't know we could use this on our phone. Guess Slacker doesn't care where you log in through.

12. Cal1

Cal1 Member

Thanks!