Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beautiful 6 Powerwall Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a finished installation to show off how good Powerwall can look. Granted there was significant work involved with making this installation so clean but in my mind, well worth it.

There's usually a Model X parked in the other spot as well. Its a beautiful Tesla Family :)

Beautiful 6xPowerwall.jpg

Just wanted to share a finished installation to show off how good Powerwall can look. Granted there was significant work involved with making this installation so clean but in my mind, well worth it.

There's usually a Model X parked in the other spot as well. Its a beautiful Tesla Family :)

View attachment 379395

Looks neat, its worth all the work put into it - I say.

Im looking forward to a clean install too.

I am anticipating that my local PW installer will increase 2 PW install cost, if I want something clean like this.

How much rework hsd to be done to hide all the wires? Did you have to rip and replace dry wall?

It protrudes right about 13.5", as the stacking kit, plus the bracket both take up a bit of space. Its close to flush with the rails of the door

Total PV was about 18 kW. This is a new custom home getting built, so we had the opportunity to hide as much as possible through the framing. To retrofit this look in an existing home would be doable but a lot of sheet rock repair.

The little boxes are disconnects, each having a 30A breaker inside. NEC says if the wiring is hidden, or if the unit is more than 5' away from its means of disconnect, it needs a disconnect at the source. Its a bit much in the Powerwall case IMO, as the battery has a built in UL1741 listed inverter.

It protrudes right about 13.5", as the stacking kit, plus the bracket both take up a bit of space. Its close to flush with the rails of the door

Total PV was about 18 kW. This is a new custom home getting built, so we had the opportunity to hide as much as possible through the framing. To retrofit this look in an existing home would be doable but a lot of sheet rock repair.

The little boxes are disconnects, each having a 30A breaker inside. NEC says if the wiring is hidden, or if the unit is more than 5' away from its means of disconnect, it needs a disconnect at the source. Its a bit much in the Powerwall case IMO, as the battery has a built in UL1741 listed inverter.
Thanks.

View attachment 379395
Beautiful. And I'm jealous! Hoping to do the same in about 3 yrs time. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: ONEDVSMOFO

View attachment 379395
Can I ask what major appliances you're powering, pool, hot tub, anything like that? Are you off grid?

Looks great! I’m assuming you couldn’t mount them on the wall due to weight? I’m surprised they don’t seem to have any concerns about water infiltration/flooding? I realize proper grading is key, but a garage floor is bound to be “at-grade” on some level, right?

I know we’ve never had water intrude into our garage in the back, but near the front during a hurricane, it did breach the doors and there was some moderate infiltration that I would worry about if we had PowerWalls there.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Looks great! I’m assuming you couldn’t mount them on the wall due to weight? I’m surprised they don’t seem to have any concerns about water infiltration/flooding? I realize proper grading is key, but a garage floor is bound to be “at-grade” on some level, right?

I know we’ve never had water intrude into our garage in the back, but near the front during a hurricane, it did breach the doors and there was some moderate infiltration that I would worry about if we had PowerWalls there.

I have seen a basement install as well. On ground or very close with a single PW. Where we live that wouldn't seem to make sense in either location close or at ground level due to potential basement or garage flooding. Anyone know why ground installs are done?

Awesome looking setup. Wish my garage was as clean.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
It has an 18 kW PV system attached to it, and it will be used heavily for load shifting, not just backup power. Though with 6 PW the backup system is very robust. There are quite a few loads in this house, pools, hot tub ect. Its a large beautiful power hungry home with a 600A switchboard.

Stacked powerwalls need something under them to support the weight. Only a single powerwall can hang off the studs. Its a brand new home, if the garage is flooding, there are bigger problems. Like you say, drainage and grading from the driveway and doors is the key.

As far as the total cost to hide the wires, it was rolled into the total price so impossible to break it out.

Very nice set up. I wasn't going through all of the sheet rock work for mine. The conduit gives it a more industrial look. Only 2 Powerwalls for me.View attachment 381396
EVPGH, yours is an equally beautiful installation - maybe except for the oversized garden hose wall bracket. I searched for a long time before I found this inexpensive bracket on the RB Components web site. Take a look: Large Bracket - Cords, Hoses

I'll be thinking of you guys, the next time our lights go out. Enjoy!