Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beautiful! The screen is mounted in a T-Slot that lets you move or ditch?need silence

Should owners be able to ditch the screen completely (slide it off the passengers end)?

• No, Feng Shui is passé.

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Yes, a part of the Tesla spirit is visceral. In a world of captive autonomy, freedom is cherished.

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like there is some flexibility that lets everyone get their wish! The display is in a T-Slot that lets it be positioned anywhere along the dash, or hopefully even be slid right off passengers end and out the door. This is great for everyone:

1. Those who care about posture (& safety) and think head up is the way to go, can just buy no screen at all, or throw it in the attic as soon as they get home.
2. Those who demand silence from all other occupants can pretend to be polite by pushing a touch screen over to the passenger(s) while saying, "Here, look at this!"
3. Those in real estate who still want to guide their customers can use the head up for driver specific navigation and even scripting (think TelePrompter), while picking menu items off the left edge of the screen to control the narrative for the passenger.

When some Tesla rep [Elon?] talked about Apple as a competitor, this is what they were thinking. (Maybe)
Who will be the first to write a scripted [real estate] sales app for this combination?

Here is a poll. Should you be able to ditch the screen completely?

image.jpeg

Forgot to include that the TelePrompter script that the person sitting in the "driver's" seat is reading is GPS cued. So in some future case a Model 3 will literally be used to sell time share real estate in Hawaii to a pseudo captive audience that might be someone you know.

I have not voted,
The screen is useful.
Ditching the screen will help avoid some pattern matches with some of the more nefarious (AI/mind control) uses of a model 3.

(I am new here and trying to learn the culture).

@Tiberius, Thanks for the dislike, I guess I should thrown a smiley or something on there. I was being facetious. Such as the direction the thread was going.
When threads go this direction, it's best to not comment and let it fall off the front page. That's the only reason why I disliked.

The second one was for raising it to the top again when you could have just sent me a pm lol.

I'm going to keep it up top.

1. You are not "new". You've been around for a few weeks now and have started a bunch of threads like this (ie, not well received).

2. Are you dachuyn on Forums.TeslaMotors.com? They've started a rash of odd threads lately, too.

Thank you for pointing out the unusual characteristics of Tesla owners. I am still trying to figure it out, as this is the first place I have seen people so rude as I had to ignore them. First ever. I don't know what that says.
There are 28 dislikes to 6 likes. Quite a group (rudest people I have ever encountered. Anywhere.)

In an attempt to understand this online group, Here is a list of threads not well received here:
1. Base Features Required to Seal the Deal on a Model 3 - this was a survey to see how to increase the closing rate on the current deposits for Model 3 vehicles.
2. Planned Inventory Turns on the Model 3 - this was to paint a positive picture of ROI indicating that Tesla can be financially heathy while selling cars by the millions.
3. Best Way to Honor the Intent of the Tax Credit - this points out that even though the government put a threshold at 200,000 units, their objectives are best met if Tesla delivers 1,000,000 units with benefit of tax credit. See Model T experience curve.
4. Multi rider Doubles MPG: How would you make the model 3 shell attract extra riders? - this says Tesla did a phenomenal job on aerodynamics to efficiently move people. What could be done to increase occupancy to leverage Tesla's good work?
5. With the Rear Glass as a Canvas, What Would You Paint? - this solicits creative ways to use a distinctive Tesla design element.
6. Has Tesla gone away from the dogs? - this gives people a chance to get more comfortable with the new look.
7. Beautiful! The screen is mounted in a T-Slot that lets you move or ditch? - there has been some grumbling about the screen. This thread showed how Tesla might be addressing the variety customer preferences with respect to the display. It also pointed out that Tesla embraces freedom more than the typical perveyors of autonomous cars.

I really like what Tesla is doing, and want them to be successful. I also care about the environment enough to ride share to work. Halves traffic congestion.

Not well received...