Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beautiful! The screen is mounted in a T-Slot that lets you move or ditch?need silence

Should owners be able to ditch the screen completely (slide it off the passengers end)?

• No, Feng Shui is passé.

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Yes, a part of the Tesla spirit is visceral. In a world of captive autonomy, freedom is cherished.

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting 7 new threads in a 3 week period is probably your biggest problem.

That screams of a cry for attention. Or what some may call 'trolling'.

Your first thread was fine-ish, the second one also... albeit a bit redundant.

But then you went off the rails from there, and in a spectacular way. The best advise I can give you is to read more what others' post before you start any new threads.

Also - posting polls definitely make this worse. It's an even more desperate cry for attention: "Please interact with me!"

Starting 7 new threads in a 3 week period is probably your biggest problem.

That screams of a cry for attention. Or what some may call 'trolling'.

Your first thread was fine-ish, the second one also... albeit a bit redundant.

But then you went off the rails from there, and in a spectacular way. The best advise I can give you is to read more what others' post before you start any new threads.

Also - posting polls definitely make this worse. It's an even more desperate cry for attention: "Please interact with me!"
Yeah. Learning by lurking is safer. Polls are direct questions to understand the culture faster. So "mistakes in a hurry" can have cultural consequences...

A person I talk with doesn't understand why "everyone" seems to hate Tesla... Maybe Lutz, the existing industry and parts of the press. It could be offending some standard of cultural pace causes dislike(s). Maybe rank disruption.

Thank you. I am still trying to understand the culture. So this helped.

Yeah. Learning by lurking is safer. Polls are direct questions to understand the culture faster. So "mistakes in a hurry" can have cultural consequences...

A person I talk with doesn't understand why "everyone" seems to hate Tesla... Maybe Lutz, the existing industry and parts of the press. It could be offending some standard of cultural pace causes dislike(s). Maybe rank disruption.

This forum is by far the most professional and accepting forum I have ever been on. I'm talking Squaresville, USA. If you can get even a small percentage of this crowd spurred against you, then MAYBE its not simply people being rude.

Deonb is close but wrong... the number of threads isn't so bad, it's the content. You are not interested in having a conversation, all you want to do is drone on and on in excruciating detail and for everyone to agree with your thoughts no matter how far from reality they are. Specifically, I'm referring to the "Best Way to Honor the Intent of the Tax Credit" thread where for several pages, you insisted Tesla needs to sell the Model 3 at $26k out of some code of honor (but really so you could afford one). You refused to even consider what everyone else was saying, not to mention common sense. I realized you are either the best troll or worst conversationalist ever. I'm still not sure which.

Some advice, take it or leave it: I've worked in aerospace and related manufacturing, therefore I have spent a lot of time around engineers. The best engineers are usually good people but are horrible at conversing/relating with others in the same way you've demonstrated. Assuming you don't have a learning disability, you sound like you've got the mind for it so you should consider this as a career path. Get the schooling you need and go for it.... then you will be able to buy the car you want and finally put all that grey matter towards a good purpose instead of wasting it rambling here.

I honestly don't know WTF you are talking about most of the time. a $35+ car should cost $20k? a car should be measured by how many are used to carpool? just a couple of the more random out there threads you have 'hosted'.
To go along with @deonb, the logical rational would point to you trolling the site and find it funny to annoy people.

Reactions: Tiberius

I honestly don't know WTF you are talking about most of the time.

I have to agree with melindav that with your posts there's sometimes more than just a cultural barrier. There's often a distinct lack of a complete thought. The posts often look like your brain threw up on the screen with random thoughts with no distinct linearity or background. Imagine walking up to someone and continuing a conversation that you never actually started with that person. That person would be really confused and might dismiss you as "looney toons" or "cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs".

Let's look at this thread as an example, the very first sentence reads:
It looks like there is some flexibility that lets everyone get their wish!
Besides the contents of the title and the poll itself, there's little to no context as to what you are talking about. Some of the other threads are worse and take some effort to try to figure out what you're saying as you'll start going into detail without prior context.

I would have possibly started out the actual post with "The Model 3 screen is beautiful, but with the possibility of full autonomy, should the owner be able to remove the screen? The screen appears to be in a T-slot which might allow the owner to move or possible ditch the screen entirely...."

The question itself is pretty much moot because the screen is vital and most definitely not be removable by the owner... It leads to other questions on how power and data get to the screen and the fact that the prototype is not necessarily what the end product will look like.

Here's an example from the X prototype where the screen appears to float:
tesla-model-x-prototype-electric-suv_1.jpg

while the production screen does not:

13_screen-932x699.jpg

Besides the contents of the title and the poll itself, there's little to no context as to what you are talking about. Some of the other threads are worse and take some effort to try to figure out what you're saying as you'll start going into detail without prior context.

I would have possibly started out the actual post with "The Model 3 screen is beautiful, but with the possibility of full autonomy, should the owner be able to remove the screen? The screen appears to be in a T-slot which might allow the owner to move or possible ditch the screen entirely...."

Thank you for the detailed feedback. It is valuable.
The title:
Beautiful! The screen is mounted in a T-Slot that lets you move or ditch?
The first sentence:
It looks like there is some flexibility that lets everyone get their wish!

That should be enough for the reader, with a similar backstory, that sees the screen (impossible to get right) as the only fly in the ointment of the Model 3.

So yes, I have been a little bit lazy on providing backstory. It is happening too late in the conversation. Sometimes for filing reasons (not at finger tips). Sometimes the source is not even explicitly remembered - at first.

For example, this link on "Free Self Driving Cars from Google" is actually relevant backstory to the application space of the Model 3 (the first mass produced self driving car in history):

Since mass production can accidentally create unanticipated associations, it is important to allow some customization in the Model 3. The back story on unanticipated associations might be the Coke bottle's impact as shown in "The Gods Must be Crazy."

Thank you for calling for a bit more attention to backstory. Your constructive comment should make the world better going forward.

Please enjoy the video. ( Response to a request for "a little more backstory please.")

• Disagree
Reactions: Tiberius
Since mass production can accidentally create unanticipated associations, it is important to allow some customization in the Model 3. The back story on unanticipated associations might be the Coke bottle's impact as shown in "The Gods Must be Crazy."

The thing about the Coke bottle in "The God Must be Crazy" is that the recipients of the bottle has never seen a coke bottle or airplane before but saw the bottle fell out of the sky, and assumed it was from the Gods.

However, in the case of the display:

a) Tesla had a monitor-like display in the Model S prototype, and changed it to a built-in display in production
b) Tesla had a monitor-like display in the Model X prototype, and changed it to a built-in display in production

So a rational man would look at the monitor-like display in the Model 3 prototype, and assume they will change it to a build-in display in production.

The irrational man however looks at a coke bottle after being shown how it's made, where it came from, and how it got to the place where it was found, and STILL utters: "It's from the Gods" every time they see a new coke bottle.

Reactions: melindav
However, in the case of the display:

Yeah, I messed that up, too.

The backstory was too broad, and I did not draw the parallels well enough.

The coke bottle is the self driving Model 3 vehicle.

The use models for the Model 3 will be unexpected by many. Will the Model 3 actually be used as a club, like the coke bottle was? (Although, some have already voiced concerns about autonomous vehicles being used as suicide bombs, with no suicide required. There are easy technical fixes for this, so I think that concern is overstated. )

The unexpected use models may cause some bad associations that cause people to want to distance themselves from the Model 3.

The ability to radically customize the dash by use of a T-Rail, particularly eliminating any devices for unwanted programming content (the display) reduces the chances of a Model 3 being banished for bad associations.

• Disagree
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Yeah, I messed that up, too.

The backstory was too broad, and I did not draw the parallels well enough.

The coke bottle is the self driving Model 3 vehicle.

The use models for the Model 3 will be unexpected by many. Will the Model 3 actually be used as a club, like the coke bottle was? (Although, some have already voiced concerns about autonomous vehicles being used as suicide bombs, with no suicide required. There are easy technical fixes for this, so I think that concern is overstated. )

The unexpected use models may cause some bad associations that cause people to want to distance themselves from the Model 3.

The ability to radically customize the dash by use of a T-Rail, particularly eliminating any devices for unwanted programming content (the display) reduces the chances of a Model 3 being banished for bad associations.

I don't think the model 3 will be fully autonomous. It will most likely have the improvements to the current autopilot that Tesla will churn out during the couple of years. But fully autonomous? I don't believe so.

(Although, some have already voiced concerns about autonomous vehicles being used as suicide bombs, with no suicide required. There are easy technical fixes for this, so I think that concern is overstated..

Terrorists are low tech and cheap. You can just as easily drive an old beater car or even a stolen car up to the side of a building and use a cell phone without the extra cost or complexity of an autonomous vehicle. Total cost would be extremely low.