Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Becareful when planning to charge at RV Campgrounds.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My county has a permit requirement but no inspections. The county east of mine doesn't even have permit requirements. Build what you want, when you want, how you want.

Permits in many areas serve mainly a single purpose, to increase the value of your property with the "improvements" done, so now you have the privilege of paying additional real estate tax, it's especially true with "proposition 2 1/2" that limits what your town can tax you in Massachusetts.

My county has a permit requirement but no inspections.

Ontario, Canada has provincial electrical safety standards (based on the Canadian Electrical Code) which include the requirement for permits on any electrical work. We have the concept of "pre-authorized" electricians whose work is not subject to compulsory inspections, but may be spot-checked. This, of course, does not stop people from just going ahead on their own without a permit, and campgrounds seem to be notorious for this. Interestingly, the Ontario code was recently amended with a bunch of "special" requirements for electric vehicle infrastructure, including compulsory inspections for any EV-related wiring.