Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Becoming impatient for the X to hit the road.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if Tesla would just let us know the real time line on when reservation holders will receive there vehicle. There is so much speculation out there and none of it is substantiated. If I will not receive my Model X until 2016 just let me know.
Tesla called me today to respond to my email. They said there was a messaging mixup with the Signatures as some here had speculated, and even new reservation holders are still expected to get deliveries at the end of next year.

Just got a call from TM apologizing for the web site error and the appearance of the upgrade button. I was informed I do not have a signature res but my production queue position is intact. Disappointed is too mild a word.
Interesting that the rep said new reservations will be shipping in the fall so my car should be out before that—it seems nothing has really changed (except I’m getting a swag bag and a refund).

Tesla called me today to respond to my email. They said there was a messaging mixup with the Signatures as some here had speculated, and even new reservation holders are still expected to get deliveries at the end of next year.

I'm sure this is a relief to those who were concerned about additional delays. Good to hear that Tesla addressed the issue quickly.

I'm sure this is a relief to those who were concerned about additional delays. Good to hear that Tesla addressed the issue quickly.

What would be even better: Tesla posting some coherent updates on the topic. :) Even if just Elon Musk tweeting "Model X still on track for first deliveries in late 2014." or "Model X progressing well, but first deliveries may slip into Q1/2015." or something.

Their comms really are a bit of a mess, that has to be said and it is reflected on how their own people communicate - when there isn't a solid stream of updates, people quote old info and/of make stuff up to fill it with.

Again an area of opportunity for Tesla to go above and beyond, which they currently are not doing. Delays can be perfectly understandable for a pioneer company, using comms well would make them understandable to the buying public as well.

Even if just Elon Musk tweeting "Model X still on track for first deliveries in late 2014." or "Model X progressing well, but first deliveries may slip into Q1/2015." or something.

Deliveries will not start in 2014, there have been plenty of indications of that fact; I'm anticpating a reveal event in Q1 and deliveries to start in 4-6 months later. I have an early Sig reservation but I'm not counting on getting my car before late Q2 or even early Q3.

I have a Sig Reservation but at this point hope not to get a 2014 Model X.
I have waited long enough, not to have a "year old model" 2015 is just around the corner.
My bet is Feb or March.

Don't worry, you wont. I'd be surprised if you had the car before June 2015. We'll likely know a bit more after Nov 5th (Conference call).

Deliveries will not start in 2014, there have been plenty of indications of that fact; I'm anticpating a reveal event in Q1 and deliveries to start in 4-6 months later. I have an early Sig reservation but I'm not counting on getting my car before late Q2 or even early Q3.

I agree that deliveries starting in 2014 seems very unlikely by now. I guess in theory they could still surprise, but seems theoretical.

But wouldn't it be great if Tesla would just tell us? :) Sounds like such a simple idea, really. Model X is reserved for a long time to come, very little harm in keeping people updated and lots to gain in customer satisfaction by doing so.

I agree that deliveries starting in 2014 seems very unlikely by now. I guess in theory they could still surprise, but seems theoretical.

But wouldn't it be great if Tesla would just tell us? :) Sounds like such a simple idea, really. Model X is reserved for a long time to come, very little harm in keeping people updated and lots to gain in customer satisfaction by doing so.

You're preaching to the choir man. I put down on a Model S in 09 and suffered through that wait until late 2012. There were several dark periods during that time leading up to a flurry of information in 2011 (factory event, betas etc), and then more dark as deliveries trickled out during the summer of 2012.

In early 2012 I put down on the Model X with an estimated delivery of late 2013. Here we are in Q4 2014 and have no solid idea on where the car is. I can imagine many reasons why Tesla can't yet give a firm date on deliveries, but none for why they can't communicate. One would think Tesla had learned from their previous comms snafus, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can imagine many reasons why Tesla can't yet give a firm date on deliveries, but none for why they can't communicate. One would think Tesla had learned from their previous comms snafus, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Well said.

Personally I'm a late-comer so I'm not too concerned about communications to me or the timeline of my order, but I certainly don't like people who have waited for years to remain in an unnecessary limbo.