Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bed Divider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a CT or order and plan to use it as an affordable electric SUV, basically, which the secure retractable cover has really allowed.

I don’t think I’ll be using the bed to full capacity often, and was wondering what are some methods/products that current pickup owners use to keep smaller loads, i.e., groceries, shopping, etc, from sliding around? There must be plenty of after market products, yes?

Poly bed liners often have notches for dividing using 2x4's slide down. But that means carrying the requisite 2x4 around all the time.

I put stuff in the front corner on the driver's side by reaching over the side. It generally stays there due to braking and the slight forward slope of the bed. This is less practical with the CT's high bed sides.

Use a strap across the back two anchor points. Or in the top stake pockets. CT has the nice cargo control rails on the sides and T-slots in the bed, so likely lots of ways to anchor stuff.

Some people use a rubber non-slip bed liner.

For stuff that doesn't matter, just toss it in and let it roll around. Don't stop too hard.

Lots of stuff gets hauled in the back seat of the crew cab or on the floor of the back seat. Groceries, for example might go in the back seat while large cases of pop, water, or beer would get loaded into the bed (over the side) in the front corner.

I usually fit most of the groceries for a family of 4 in the frunk of my Model X. That's about 6-8 grocery bags. Stuff that I buy at Costco goes in the trunk, under the deck lid. Cybertruck will probably have a larger frunk and under bed storage so groceries and smaller things shouldn't be a problem.
My father-in-law has a smaller dodge pickup truck that has notches in the plastic liner on the sides that fit a 2x4 so you can just span the bed with a few boards to divide it up. While the Cybertruck doesn't appear to have that, you can easily build dividers that bolt into the track for infinite adjustability.