Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Been lurking here for almost 3 years. I'm In!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. This is my first post on TMC. I've been in a full size Range Rover for the past 10 years (3 separate vehicles). I passed on the MS years back inasmuch as, at 6'2" 215 lbs with 2 kids, it was not the best 'fit' for my situation. But I was definitely hooked at that time (I had even procured estimates from my electrician for the wall charger in my garage), and the Tesla bug never left my body.

I thought I shook the bug until one year ago, when a father of my son's friend rolled up in his MS one night for dinner at our house. He loved it (and still does) so you can imagine what we talked about all night. However, I was only one year into my latest vehicle and the timing was off. Plus, the Wife Acceptance Factor at the time played a role as well.

Three weeks ago, at dinner with other friends, the topic of cars comes up because one of the guys is in the market, and he says he is looking at a Tesla. BAM - the bug immediately hits me again and my eyes light up. I can't get it out of my head for a week. So I make the decision to go see the MX, figuring the MX may be a better 'fit'.

What is that saying thrown around here... "don't test drive it until you're ready to buy it"? Well, it's true. And that launched 30+ hours of due diligence including, but not limited to, procuring trade-in values, pricing options, picking colors, browsing this forum about known issues and loved issues and xpel and dash-cams and wheel sizes and P vs. not P and everything else in between. After all that, I talked to my CPA to learn the full extent of the tax benefits to my situation. Another huge check mark. I was almost there....... But still one final unanswered question remained: What about the WAF? So I signed up for the 24 hour test drive and she LOVED it. And that folks was the final straw.

Today I placed my order today on a MX100D, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels, Black interior with ash wood, Five Seat, Enhanced Autopilot, and Premium Upgrade Package. Looking forward to the December (or sooner!) delivery.

I am still in disbelief that there is a "Thank you for your order" e-mail in my inbox. I am very excited to join the party, and I am looking forward to being an active participant on the forum.

Hello all. This is my first post on TMC. I've been in a full size Range Rover for the past 10 years (3 separate vehicles). I passed on the MS years back inasmuch as, at 6'2" 215 lbs with 2 kids, it was not the best 'fit' for my situation. But I was definitely hooked at that time (I had even procured estimates from my electrician for the wall charger in my garage), and the Tesla bug never left my body.

I thought I shook the bug until one year ago, when a father of my son's friend rolled up in his MS one night for dinner at our house. He loved it (and still does) so you can imagine what we talked about all night. However, I was only one year into my latest vehicle and the timing was off. Plus, the Wife Acceptance Factor at the time played a role as well.

Three weeks ago, at dinner with other friends, the topic of cars comes up because one of the guys is in the market, and he says he is looking at a Tesla. BAM - the bug immediately hits me again and my eyes light up. I can't get it out of my head for a week. So I make the decision to go see the MX, figuring the MX may be a better 'fit'.

What is that saying thrown around here... "don't test drive it until you're ready to buy it"? Well, it's true. And that launched 30+ hours of due diligence including, but not limited to, procuring trade-in values, pricing options, picking colors, browsing this forum about known issues and loved issues and xpel and dash-cams and wheel sizes and P vs. not P and everything else in between. After all that, I talked to my CPA to learn the full extent of the tax benefits to my situation. Another huge check mark. I was almost there....... But still one final unanswered question remained: What about the WAF? So I signed up for the 24 hour test drive and she LOVED it. And that folks was the final straw.

Today I placed my order today on a MX100D, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels, Black interior with ash wood, Five Seat, Enhanced Autopilot, and Premium Upgrade Package. Looking forward to the December (or sooner!) delivery.

I am still in disbelief that there is a "Thank you for your order" e-mail in my inbox. I am very excited to join the party, and I am looking forward to being an active participant on the forum.

I just picked up my X on 9/30 same color scheme except for wood, I got carbon. Here is mine dark grey, black fake leather with new sonic wheels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: bonnie
I am trying so hard to be patient and looking at this pic just made me relapse. I still have 2 days to wait until my order locks in. Did talk to the electrician today. Your car is beautiful.
My order for MX75D with the exact color scheme was confirmed 11/4. Impatiently waiting.
I just picked up my X on 9/30 same color scheme except for wood, I got carbon. Here is mine dark grey, black fake leather with new sonic wheels

My order for a X75D with exact color scheme was confirmed 11/4. Impatiently waiting.

Reactions: AdamHLG
Congrats! I'm waiting on practically the same car! I got 7 seats and didn't change the tires... otherwise the same | MX100D, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Silver Wheels, Black interior with ash wood, Seven Seat, Enhanced Autopilot, and Premium Upgrade Package.

I am struggling each day to wait for this beautiful/exciting car! If you want to add your data to this tracking spreadsheet - it gives you something to look at with others waiting on this car as well. Also, can help to see when others are going into production or expecting delivery, etc.

Model X Order & Delivery 2017

Congrats! I'm waiting on practically the same car! I got 7 seats and didn't change the tires... otherwise the same | MX100D, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Silver Wheels, Black interior with ash wood, Seven Seat, Enhanced Autopilot, and Premium Upgrade Package.

I am struggling each day to wait for this beautiful/exciting car! If you want to add your data to this tracking spreadsheet - it gives you something to look at with others waiting on this car as well. Also, can help to see when others are going into production or expecting delivery, etc.

Model X Order & Delivery 2017

Well sounds like there will be few midnight silver Model X running around Maryland.
Mine (100D) is in transit to Baltimore. Don’t have an exact delivery date yet but hoping it’ll be soon.
The wait is certainly tedious...

As for my delivery, I have nothing but love for the folks at the store here in Baltimore County. Everyone was super friendly and it was a great overall experience. The delivery itself however was not without some bumps. I was told a day before my delivery appointment that a piece of trim was damaged by the service team during the install of the wiring harness for tow package (why this does not get installed at the factory is a mystery to me) and as a result my scheduled delivery time was pushed from the morning to the afternoon while a replacement part was shipped overnight; however, I had a hard stop at 3:00 that afternoon due to an existing obligation. In retrospect I should have pushed the delivery to this afternoon today but you try that when your car arrives and you get the call that its ready to come get it!!! That gave us about an hour to do the paperwork and the orientation. There was a glitch with some paperwork that did not match (as well as some confusion and error on my part) and due to my conflict essentially we rushed through the orientation. I basically said that all i needed to know was how to insert and remove the HPWC charging cable and how do I open the charging port. The rest I told them I will learn from the manual and the forums. A nice touch was that I am upgraded to the latest 46 software update which is apparently only a few days old.

However, the trim piece that was replaced was unacceptable due to the replacement part that created some large visible gaps on one side of the seam (the long black piece at base of hatchback floor) but it appeared it was not the service department's install fault (although damaging the original was their fault but it happens) but instead we need another try with another new part that hopefully will be in tolerance. It is what it is. Not going to let that take away from the experience. As I entered the car to leave, the driver window was open and I tried to close the window. It went half way up and then back down. Repeatedly. I grabbed my DS and he tried it too and same thing. We drove it around to the service side and the service tech hits the button and, of course, it worked perfectly. I was like "hey - I have my DS as a witness that it didn't work". We talked about calibration etc but as I left it worked. I'll need to see if it happens again.

Anyway it was a rush to get out of there (again due to my conflict) and in the end I simply took delivery and drove straight home to my garage and plugged her in. Got picked up for my ride to DC and have not been into the car since (but checked the phone app 10 times!!). At work today. Over the holiday I will take my time, do the inspection slowly and correctly, make any list I need, and make an appointment with service to have them tweak anything I find in addition to the new replacement part above, and we will get this party started. I am ridiculously excited.