Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beeping after v10 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm really getting crazy of beeping all the time. It beeps when I just driving when there is a obstacle to close to me, but believe me, it's just some street poles or some bushes. When I parked my car at a super charges it beeps also because of the supercharge pole. It only stops when I lift my ass of the seat. After plug in the connector and jump back into the car, it immediately starts beeping again. Watching Netflix is a no go. I am the only one?
It happens after the upgrade.

Keep on saying it, have you rebooted the car after the upgrade? I never hear ‘beeps’ when near things except when parking. Not when driving.

Always reboot after a firmware upgrade. Two scroll wheel reboot is all it takes. Has fixed many of my little problems when I skipped it.

So after I did the v10 update I think the proximity sensors are out of whack. I get a loud near constant beeping and the driving visual had me parked in other vehicles at stop lights (see picture below). I have an appointment scheduled for Oct 29th, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

XSe5jEJl.jpg

Your video had some really fast pans, but I didn’t see any of the grey-to-red arcs that are drawn for the ultrasonics. And the beeping didn’t sound like my ultrasonic sensors going off. Too regular. So I don’t know what to make of the video.

But the photo makes it look like the car thinks you have seriously rear-ended the car in front of you. That doesn’t seem right.

Have you rebooted?

Your video had some really fast pans, but I didn’t see any of the grey-to-red arcs that are drawn for the ultrasonics. And the beeping didn’t sound like my ultrasonic sensors going off. Too regular. So I don’t know what to make of the video.

But the photo makes it look like the car thinks you have seriously rear-ended the car in front of you. That doesn’t seem right.

Have you rebooted?

I have done both the hard and soft reboots.

It's unfortunate that this is the only video I have of the problem, but it DEFINITELY does show the red arcs when I am driving showing as if I am getting too close to something. And I'm pretty darn sure that I've never encountered this noise before when I was driving while on v9.

Hi, I'm really getting crazy of beeping all the time. It beeps when I just driving when there is a obstacle to close to me, but believe me, it's just some street poles or some bushes. When I parked my car at a super charges it beeps also because of the supercharge pole.
How close are you to the obstacles you describe when you hear the beeping?

Hi, I'm really getting crazy of beeping all the time. It beeps when I just driving when there is a obstacle to close to me, but believe me, it's just some street poles or some bushes. When I parked my car at a super charges it beeps also because of the supercharge pole. It only stops when I lift my ass of the seat. After plug in the connector and jump back into the car, it immediately starts beeping again. Watching Netflix is a no go. I am the only one?
Which model are you in? In the Model 3 when it beeps there is a little picture of a speaker that pops up above and to the left of the picture of your car on the screen. Tap that speaker and it will mute the beeping from the proximity sensors.

No beeping here.

I have this issue as well after v10 update. Very frustrating beeping sounds. The sensors show red arcs while driving reasonably far away from obstacles and the 3D assistance shows my car standing on top/inside the car in front of me when waiting at traffic lights. Anyone know the solution to this?

Correct, but that's the sound of the parking sensors. I would like to get rid of the sound also while driving.
That looks like the speed limit warning. There is an option for Off, Display, or Chime. This is directly from the Users Manual:

Controlling Speed Assist To adjust the Speed Limit Warning setting, touch Controls > Autopilot > Speed Limit Warning, then choose one of these options: • Off - Speed limit warnings do not display and chimes are not sounded. • Display - Speed limit signs display on the touchscreen and the sign increases in size when you exceed the determined limit. • Chime - In addition to the visual display, a chime is sounded whenever you exceed the determined speed limit.

That looks like the speed limit warning.

Correct.
I had the same issue - after the v.10 update suddenly the car started beeping all the time - extremely annoying. At first I thought it was proximity alert too, but then I realized it's speeding warning. Took me 30 sec to find the option to disable it. Still - shouldn't have to go through that in first place, but at least it was easily fixeable,

That looks like the speed limit warning. There is an option for Off, Display, or Chime. This is directly from the Users Manual:

Controlling Speed Assist To adjust the Speed Limit Warning setting, touch Controls > Autopilot > Speed Limit Warning, then choose one of these options: • Off - Speed limit warnings do not display and chimes are not sounded. • Display - Speed limit signs display on the touchscreen and the sign increases in size when you exceed the determined limit. • Chime - In addition to the visual display, a chime is sounded whenever you exceed the determined speed limit.

Ignoring the fact that the speed limit warning is a different tone, why would it be chiming while traveling 46 km/h under the speed limit?