Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before/After Tint: 35% Stratos windows; 70% windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expecting to take delivery of a M3 Red/White interior late this month and want to get the rear and sides tinted. Just stuck with what to do with rear window, half or full? With kids I was just worried that it might make the glass roof hard to see out of since it would be essentially double tinted. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Expecting to take delivery of a M3 Red/White interior late this month and want to get the rear and sides tinted. Just stuck with what to do with rear window, half or full? With kids I was just worried that it might make the glass roof hard to see out of since it would be essentially double tinted. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
I’m wondering the exact same thing. And concerned just tinting the lower half will be unisightly with a line across the back. Maybe if it is along a defroster line?

I know this is from 2019 but do you notice any haze with the windshield at all. Getting 70% Stratos and they warned me of that with the windshield.
I have 70% 3M Crystalline on my Model 3, and there's a slight glaze/weirdness in certain conditions. The main one is night time driving while raining - the oncoming headlines will sometimes have "beams" coming out of it above and below. Very slight.

I do not use shiny finish on my dashboards (example - armor all). Having armor all on your dashboard will 100% result in glares, even without the tint...but much worse with tint.

Reactions: megansblonde
I’m wondering the exact same thing. And concerned just tinting the lower half will be unisightly with a line across the back. Maybe if it is along a defroster line?

I got full tint (35% XPEL Prime XR) on the back glass (and sides, with 70% on windshield). I don't like the look of the half-rear jobs.

I was also concerned about loss of visibility, but luckily the shop that did my tinting (and PPF) had a Model 3 there with 35% on all of those windows, and the visibility is still great out the sides and back, and it's still a beautiful sky view looking up from the backseat. No regrets.

Reactions: DMan918
I got full tint (35% XPEL Prime XR) on the back glass (and sides, with 70% on windshield). I don't like the look of the half-rear jobs.

I was also concerned about loss of visibility, but luckily the shop that did my tinting (and PPF) had a Model 3 there with 35% on all of those windows, and the visibility is still great out the sides and back, and it's still a beautiful sky view looking up from the backseat. No regrets.
Thanks for the info. The upward sky view is my big concern.

Reactions: Zinzan