TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Before and After tinting on Black S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Electric Machete, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Electric Machete

IMG_9318.jpg IMG_9665.jpg IMG_9322.jpg IMG_9661.jpg IMG_9324.jpg IMG_9663.jpg IMG_9660.jpg

15 or 20% tint (can't remember which) applied by Tesla at the Dania shop in Florida.

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

:scared: Take pictures with the suspension in standard or low. Not very high. But nice looking tint.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Agreed on both

4. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Thanks, considering tint for mine. Not in Florida so it's not completely necessary here, but does look good!

5. Electric Machete

I believe I took both sets of photos after washing the car and forgot to get it out of high. I had not seen before and afters yet. Posted for those thinking about it.

6. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

Looks awesome! I have an appointment next Monday to get my black model S tinted. 20% on the sides, 5% on the rear hatch, 50% on the windshield. I trust mine will look just as good.

7. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

I didn't think shops in WA would go that dark, or do windshields.

8. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

Yeah, they all will. They just want you to acknowledge that you are aware of local regulations and make you aware that they don't accept any liability if you get a ticket.

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Nice. It's 20% if that is the 3M Color Stable. I'm planning on getting mine done next week in Tampa but didn't think of asking Tesla if they do it. Did Dania Beach actually do the work or just had someone come in? Cost?

10. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'm getting tinted Thursday, was thinking of staying legal and just going with 40% all the way around, but that nearly opaque hatch window really got my attention. May have them go very dark on that. I like the idea of the front seat and rear seat matching, but will think about getting a darker shade on the back windows too. Need to stay legalish on the front...maybe go 30%?

11. Electric Machete

Ok, then it was 20%. I was pretty certain that was the correct number. $600 maybe? I can't recall exactly they did some other work and a hood wrap as well.

12. berryja

berryja Member

I'm in the Panhandle just got my "D"livery over Christmas. Getting tint tomorrow was wondering what would be too dark. I think the ceramic was 18%.

13. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations.

Unfortunately your posting is off-topic. This thread was established to allow folks to sign-up for our club.

I believe that 18% is illegal in Florida. You may wish to consult some of the threads established to specifically discuss tinting.

Here's is one that may help.

Before and After tinting on Black S

Regards,

Larry

14. berryja

berryja Member

Yeah I knew that but I also figured I would get a quick response to my question related to Florida.
    Thanks

15. skilly

skilly Member

are you gonna black out the chrome too?

IMG_6653.JPG