TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

"Before you start a thread"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GoTslaGo, Feb 16, 2016.

1. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Dec 25, 2015

There always seem to be multiple redundant threads about the same topic, and I for one didn't go through all the FAQs before reading and posting on the forum (my bad I know). I was wondering if there should be a fixed thread above the top-most thread ("News" I guess), stating:

Before you start a thread...

Please check if the topic you wish to start a thread is already in discussion by using the Advanced Search Link on the upper right of the site (not Google custom search). You can do a keyword search if you are logged in and post responses to the topic thread. Thanks, etc, etc...

Hopefully if newbies like myself see that: we will click this header thread, see the basic instruction and post on ongoing discussions rather than creating 5-6 threads about the same thing that you guys/gals will have to combine in the future (e.g.--Tesla dropped 85kWh battery).

Just a thought to hopefully make the site easier to manage, especially since more people are reading and posting. Then again, I'm sure I just committed the same mistake, and someone probably posted this in the past....