Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Before you start a thread"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GoTslaGo

Learning Member
Dec 25, 2015
US
Mods:

There always seem to be multiple redundant threads about the same topic, and I for one didn't go through all the FAQs before reading and posting on the forum (my bad I know). I was wondering if there should be a fixed thread above the top-most thread ("News" I guess), stating:

Before you start a thread...

Please check if the topic you wish to start a thread is already in discussion by using the Advanced Search Link on the upper right of the site (not Google custom search). You can do a keyword search if you are logged in and post responses to the topic thread. Thanks, etc, etc...

Hopefully if newbies like myself see that: we will click this header thread, see the basic instruction and post on ongoing discussions rather than creating 5-6 threads about the same thing that you guys/gals will have to combine in the future (e.g.--Tesla dropped 85kWh battery).

Just a thought to hopefully make the site easier to manage, especially since more people are reading and posting. Then again, I'm sure I just committed the same mistake, and someone probably posted this in the past....