Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginners vragen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, I took delivery of my model Y last week and everytime I start the charging session (AC charging) I get the error like ‘charge cable not secured properly’ as notification in my Tesla app although every time it’s definitely secured properly at both ends. I have tried multiple charge points but the same issue every time. Any pointers what could be wrong here?

Also a related question. My car locks before i could connect the cable to the charge port. Although I have walk away lock enabled, but I am standing right next to the car all the while, so charge port should not lock and I should be able to push on it to open? Am I doing anything wrong here?

Also a related question. My car locks before i could connect the cable to the charge port. Although I have walk away lock enabled, but I am standing right next to the car all the while, so charge port should not lock and I should be able to push on it to open? Am I doing anything wrong here?
Do you put your phone in your back pocket perhaps? That might be just too far away.

Nope. I carry it either in my jeans front pocket or in the jacket’s front pocket. But this does mean that this should not happen right?
I haven't experienced this, though I only have a few days of experience with the MY. I've charged it 3 times now and it closes only when I walk more then 3 or 4 meters away from the car (phone in front jeans pocket). When I stay close to do the charging it stays unlocked.
I have seen it not unlocking when walking to the car though (phone in same front jeans pocket and bluetooth on, but I'll play with that some more, now I'll just grab my phone and unlock it.

I haven't experienced this, though I only have a few days of experience with the MY. I've charged it 3 times now and it closes only when I walk more then 3 or 4 meters away from the car (phone in front jeans pocket). When I stay close to do the charging it stays unlocked.
I have seen it not unlocking when walking to the car though (phone in same front jeans pocket and bluetooth on, but I'll play with that some more, now I'll just grab my phone and unlock it.
Thanks! I have exactly the opposite experience. No problems unlocking the car when i walk upto it with phone in my pocket but when getting out it just locks even when i am really close to the car. It almost seems like it’s time based rather than proximity based.

1670920875588.png

Elon heeft de oplossing :D