Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginning to think something is seriously wrong with my car.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this thread got me thinking and I checked "My Tesla". Now it says late February/Early March! What the hell.

I ordered on 30OCT. So it can take 4-5 months for my Model S to be built? What horse **** is this.
The good kind, the car is awesome! you will soon forget about the 4-5 month wait
I waited 3 years to get mine!
(I fell in love with the car when the signatures were delivered, saved up for 3 years, exactly 3 years! first sigs were delivered in June 2012 and I bought mine in June 2015)

I'm picking the car up in Dedham MA. Frankly I'd go to CT if I thought I could get the car any sooner. A fellow forum member is picking his up in Dedham today, it was in transit since 12/8. I think the only chance I have of getting the car this year is that actually left CA a while ago and that myTesla simply did not have accurate information. I'm probably in trouble if the car is still in CA. I was assured 100% that the car would be delivered in December but time will tell. Hopefully I will hear something from my DS today or tomorrow. I'm grateful that at least some progress seems to have been made.

Well, congratulations! I hope your delivery occurs as scheduled and that it goes smoothly. I picked up mine in September at Dedham, and had a very pleasant experience. The delivery guys were easy to work with and gave me a thorough briefing on the car -- very professional. I hope they are not totally exhausted from the year-end rush by the time they get to your car! The lot is bursting with new cars right now, so they are likely going to be very busy folks over the next few days!

It will be exciting to make the first drive back to Maine!

Well, congratulations! I hope your delivery occurs as scheduled and that it goes smoothly. I picked up mine in September at Dedham, and had a very pleasant experience. The delivery guys were easy to work with and gave me a thorough briefing on the car -- very professional. I hope they are not totally exhausted from the year-end rush by the time they get to your car! The lot is bursting with new cars right now, so they are likely going to be very busy folks over the next few days!

It will be exciting to make the first drive back to Maine!

Thanks. I heard from my DS yesterday morning. The car is schedule to arrive in Dedham on Saturday and my delivery is scheduled for 12 on Wednesday. They are clearly extremely busy and DS was apologetic for spotty communication. The ended up building a new car for me as they could not correct paint problems with my original car. So excited for the new ride.

Hey Red Sox Fan, tomorrow is your big day, right? You think you are excited now? Ha! Wait till tomorrow at about 2:30. You'll think you died and went to heaven. I've been following your saga and have felt bad for you. I'm glad you will get your car by year end. Congrats, enjoy and be careful. Happy new year!

Thanks. I heard from my DS yesterday morning. The car is schedule to arrive in Dedham on Saturday and my delivery is scheduled for 12 on Wednesday. They are clearly extremely busy and DS was apologetic for spotty communication. The ended up building a new car for me as they could not correct paint problems with my original car. So excited for the new ride.

No pics of the new car?? I think its a forum rule, if you start a thread about your car delivery you have to post delivery day car pics...

No pics of the new car?? I think its a forum rule, if you start a thread about your car delivery you have to post delivery day car pics...

My bad sorry here are a couple from my delivery and my first stop at a supercharger on the way back to Maine.

IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG

Just got a gall from my DS. As some folks thought it was a paint problem, they could not correct it, decided to build a new car. Left on a truck last night and will be arrive in Dedham on Saturday. Delivery scheduled for Noon on 12/30.
This has been am issue since the beginning. My pearl white Sig P85 dropped 300 VIN's out of sequence, I suspect due to a need to start over from scratch.