Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behaviour of TACC with AEB disabled.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is possible to disable the AEB = Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Emergency Braking > OFF.

But what happen if i do engage TACC with the AEB disabled?

It will work as:
1) an adaptive CC (with no emergency braking)?
2) a non-adaptive CC?
3) will not allow any CC function?

Nobody never tried it?
What other functions are affected by the disabling of AEB (No FSD)?

Last edited:
My car doesn't brake hard, it changes the set speed because it believes the speed limit has changed (when it hasn't) and I am just experiencing the car slowing via regeneration to 45 mph or less. I can see on the monitor that it has changed the max speed to a much lower number. The one time I did experience AEB the car really slammed on the brakes, which was a much different feeling than what I get with regenerative braking on the freeway with TACC.

I would be suprised if AEB has any influence on TACC/AP/FSD. AEB is a helper function to assist the driver when he is in full control.

TACC/AP/FSD are systems that take over and are monitored by the driver, they should never need to use AEB as they should have decided to break before that. AEB takes action if the car detects that a crash is imminent and the driver is not taking an action. On automated mode I really would not expect such a situation to occur

I would be suprised if AEB has any influence on TACC/AP/FSD. AEB is a helper function to assist the driver when he is in full control.

TACC/AP/FSD are systems that take over and are monitored by the driver, they should never need to use AEB as they should have decided to break before that. AEB takes action if the car detects that a crash is imminent and the driver is not taking an action. On automated mode I really would not expect such a situation to occur

Well, should AEB unrelated in any way to phantom braking, we could say that. But it is?