Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor BEHIND THE BUILD: Project LBR Tesla Model S Bespoke Make Over

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FThat is the new base model model s. Once again Tesla has made some previously standard features optional, much like the performance seats and alcantara headliner previously. Now any seats or headliner at all are optional. This will be referred to as the "stripper" model you used to see advertised in the paper at conventional dealers. The good news is that they dropped the base price by $6000. The bad news is those previously standard features will add $42,500 to the options list. ;)

Last edited:
So many emotions - part of me is crying a little inside at seeing the guts just thrown out there for the world to see. Part of me is fascinated at seeing all those bits and bobs that I won't otherwise see on my own.

And my last thought was "good thing those are trained professionals" :)

Subwoofer enclosure almost completed with LED lighting for the trunk.

IMG_4273_zps4dea1dda.jpg

10 hides of Ferrari black leather is being used to reupholster the complete interior with "Damier" inspired quilted accents. We also did some custom embroidery on the headrests.

IMG_4282_zps2dce8f9a.jpg

Custom made under dash housing for our audio controls, Mobileye and ticket avoidance system.

IMG_4300_zps8a94bd91.jpg

Interior side trim

IMG_4308_zps59bc1354.jpg

Reupholstered seat (and custom made floor mats in the back)

IMG_4319_zps960eb493.jpg

Reupholstered arm rest

IMG_4324_zps73523a69.jpg

It's coming together...Stay tuned...

That's beautiful, but I can't see going to all that trouble and retaining the stock seats--they're the weakest point of the car.

But the quality of the work looks exceptional!

On the nerdly side (my specialty) can you take a few minutes to identify the different modules you have uncovered? Perhaps pictures of the labels. Of particular interest for me right now is the air suspension module which appears to be one of the two located on the inside right rear quarter panel.

Also, can you share the last bits of the ViN as well so we know the production range?

Thanks much for sharing all the photos!
Bill