Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behold, the dumbest safety placard in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a similar placard when I added an inverter in another building where the disconnect was not within a few steps of the main panel. I thought it was a good idea in my case. But then I found out from the inspector I did not even need a disconnect at the remote building because it was non habitable. So just the inverter on/off switch is required.

View attachment 627693

Wow, that one is bright for sure.

If you truly want a new one PM me I do these plaques all the time.

Reactions: aesculus
OMG I am so glad this was one of the first responses! Its especially funny when there isnt even a (dot)0 after the PW capacity. Like they suddenly didn't care about accuracy?

@jboy210 I really don't understand the mismatched collection of fonts and sizes. Plus WTF with the thumb sized circles trying to point at something?

I was pretty shocked by the placard when they put it up. But several of my neighbors have solar and theirs look the same. Maybe the city of Pleasanton has some crazy font requirements.

Also, I think the diagram arrows are not all that accurate. Unless you read the words you would not know my Powerwalls are inside the garage.

I guess I never took a really close look at mine, they didn't really get the inverter location right (it's a lot closer to the utility service than the Powerwall), and I see you don't have all of the high voltage warnings mine has, looks like they tried to indicate where the Diode Trunk Harness runs, though on the lower-left corner of the picture (back-facing roof) they're way off. Also whatever sharpie the tech used to write in the white boxes faded away in a few months, so I wound up making labels to replace them based on the original photos I took.

Lol I wonder if they have to do the "every part of your roof has a high voltage arrow" approach since they didn't draw in each individual solar tile like JBoy's.

I can see why firemen hate solar + ESS installs though. it's borderline impossible to make sense of where you really need to go to make the house have no energized solar and no energized interior wiring.

Lol I wonder if they have to do the "every part of your roof has a high voltage arrow" approach since they didn't draw in each individual solar tile like JBoy's.

I can see why firemen hate solar + ESS installs though. it's borderline impossible to make sense of where you really need to go to make the house have no energized solar and no energized interior wiring.

I think @woferry 's roof is V2. Mine is V3. So maybe Tesla has better mapping now.

Also, I gave the local Fire Dept crews a tour of our system. They seemed happy that they would be able to fight a fire at my house if one should occur.

Reactions: BGbreeder