Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Being charged for "free" supercharging

I purchased my MX new in June 2017 and have free supercharging as long as I own it. I'm taking a weekend trip from Sacramento to LA (something I have done 4-5 times). When charging at the Santa Clarita station today, I was incurring a charging fee for the first time. When I noticed that, I moved to another station and that one was charging me as well.. No problem with the other 3 other supercharging locations that I use on this trip. Interesting enough, when I went to the My Tesla page, the usual statement about free supercharging was nowhere to be found. I will contact Tesla when I return home, but I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Upvote 0

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
When does idle fee kick in?

You have to be there the minute it finishes charging? No grace period?
The whole point of supercharging on the road was to go relax and have a bite to eat while it charges.

Even if your phone dings and you have 5 minutes to move it would be fine. But you have to be there the moment it's done?

thecloud

As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive
Nov 24, 2014
Sunnyvale, CA
When does idle fee kick in?

You have to be there the minute it finishes charging? No grace period?
The whole point of supercharging on the road was to go relax and have a bite to eat while it charges.

Even if your phone dings and you have 5 minutes to move it would be fine. But you have to be there the moment it's done?
As per Tesla's website, you get a 5 minute grace period.

Supercharger Idle Fee

p.s. I found the above page by typing "When does idle fee kick in for Tesla" in my browser's search box. It was the top hit.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
As per Tesla's website, you get a 5 minute grace period.

Supercharger Idle Fee

p.s. I found the above page by typing "When does idle fee kick in for Tesla" in my browser's search box. It was the top hit.

Thanks. I was being lazy. I’ll try to do better.
Guess I should be charged a “didn’t use search button fee” ;)

That policy seems fair.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC