TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Being ICEd in shopping mall

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by wesley888, Dec 30, 2016.

1. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I sent an email to a mall to complain about the ICEing problem. Seems like really nobody can do anything about it... How unfortunate. This is their response:

• Informative x 2
  2. tga

tga Supporting Member

I call BS on their response. We've all seen parking spaces with signs that say something to the effect of "Private parking, all others towed at owner's expense - Call ABC towing at 800-123-4567"

IANAL, but a mall lot is private property. I see no reason why they couldn't put whatever restrictions they want on any spaces, and tow violators, as long as signs warn you in advance.

"Blue Pontiac parking only! All others towed at owner's expense"

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  3. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

I think what they meant to say was (translation in italics):

"... While we are delighted to offer a number of electric vehicle spaces in our parking lots, there is no chance that we will ticket or remove vehicles parked inappropriately in these spaces since they far outnumber EV drivers and might be spending their money in our mall. Obviously, we wish that all of our neighbors and guests would abide by our designations, but occasionally they do not. ..."

• Like x 4
  4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

That is so true!

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Again until there are signs saying EV parking only violators will be towed at their own expense $250 fine, nothing will happen. Of course there will still be some idiots still ICEing even with that.

6. Hank42

Hank42 Member

So here's an idea... print our own signs and put them up on these spaces. Since management is so clueless to begin with, they'll just assume someone else in management placed them there, and there they will stay forever doing their job like a fake owl - scaring the mice away. Here's some ideas

EVPARKING1.jpg EVPARKING2.jpg

http://www.myparkingsign.com/No-Parking-Signs/Custom-Unauthorized-Vehicles-Towed-Sign/SKU-K-3371.aspx

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

We need to add a specific monetary amount to these.

8. Hank42

Hank42 Member

9. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

OP I see your from L.I. I don't know if you have ever gone to the Massapequa Kohl's on Sunrise Hwy. but they have 1 charging station in a prime spot. I have NEVER seen that spot open. Always ICED! Saw the same car twice there as well. I wonder if the employees park there?. Christmas shopped 5 times in December and it was ICED every time :(

• Informative x 1
  10. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

I put my number on the sign design and am about to distribute them around the neighbourhood.

Bidding on a tow-truck on eBay as I type ...

:p

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1