Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being ICEd in shopping mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email to a mall to complain about the ICEing problem. Seems like really nobody can do anything about it... How unfortunate. This is their response:
... While we are delighted to offer a number of electric vehicle spaces in our parking lots, there is no ordinance that allows ticketing or removal of vehicles parked inappropriately in these spaces. Obviously, we wish that all of our neighbors and guests would abide by our designations, but occasionally they do not. ...

I call BS on their response. We've all seen parking spaces with signs that say something to the effect of "Private parking, all others towed at owner's expense - Call ABC towing at 800-123-4567"

IANAL, but a mall lot is private property. I see no reason why they couldn't put whatever restrictions they want on any spaces, and tow violators, as long as signs warn you in advance.

"Blue Pontiac parking only! All others towed at owner's expense"

I think what they meant to say was (translation in italics):

"... While we are delighted to offer a number of electric vehicle spaces in our parking lots, there is no chance that we will ticket or remove vehicles parked inappropriately in these spaces since they far outnumber EV drivers and might be spending their money in our mall. Obviously, we wish that all of our neighbors and guests would abide by our designations, but occasionally they do not. ..."

I call BS on their response. We've all seen parking spaces with signs that say something to the effect of "Private parking, all others towed at owner's expense - Call ABC towing at 800-123-4567"

So here's an idea... print our own signs and put them up on these spaces. Since management is so clueless to begin with, they'll just assume someone else in management placed them there, and there they will stay forever doing their job like a fake owl - scaring the mice away. Here's some ideas

EVPARKING1.jpg
EVPARKING2.jpg

http://www.myparkingsign.com/No-Par...uthorized-Vehicles-Towed-Sign/SKU-K-3371.aspx

So here's an idea... print our own signs and put them up on these spaces. Since management is so clueless to begin with, they'll just assume someone else in management placed them there, and there they will stay forever doing their job like a fake owl - scaring the mice away. Here's some ideas

View attachment 208587 View attachment 208586

http://www.myparkingsign.com/No-Par...uthorized-Vehicles-Towed-Sign/SKU-K-3371.aspx
We need to add a specific monetary amount to these.

ICEing problem

OP I see your from L.I. I don't know if you have ever gone to the Massapequa Kohl's on Sunrise Hwy. but they have 1 charging station in a prime spot. I have NEVER seen that spot open. Always ICED! Saw the same car twice there as well. I wonder if the employees park there?. Christmas shopped 5 times in December and it was ICED every time :(

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888