Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being to meticulous on the issues I found on my model y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
totally understand your position. My 2020 LR was 50k at that time. If it was 60, im not sure how i would react. It was my first Brand new car and it was a tesla. I was also pump getting the car. There was a few minor issue, Burlingame SC eventually fix them. My hood was off a little, fix. My door was also off a little, also fix. Here's the problem with the door tho. When it got hot, it started to rub against the front corner panel. It was my passenger's door which i don't use much. So i didn't care. When it was cool here, no rubbing. U know the SF area, don't get too hot here so i didn't go address it. I end up selling the car and getting the MYP.

If it make u feel any better. Even if you have rejected it, i don't know if tesla would allow that anymore. SInce your order is 8 months old, tesla will tell you to accept it and let the SC fix your issues. Or cancel your order and place a new order with the new pricing. It happened to my buddy last month. He also waited 8 month for his LR. There was a door ding on the passenger side. He tried to reject it but tesla said NO. Heres the good news tho, SC did fix the ding, so it was as new. They hired a third party to do the work. So liked what others said above, don't take NO for an answer. Keep putting in those service ticket until you are happy. I wasn't happy with the Van ness location, so i gave Burlingame a try. I was happy with them.

Heres the trip tho. Tesla is the only brand i see ppl going there with a check list for a brand new car! But guess what, this is my second tesla. Would i buy again, hell yes. It was also my buddy's second tesla. He would do it all over again.

I put in 30k miles on my LR. loved every single miles. I put in 8k on my MYP. Guess what, every mile is better than the LR. Go enjoy your new car. Give it some time, im sure you will love it. But guess what, if you are still unhappy with the SC or how the car drives.. u can flip it easily for what u paid and probably make $5k easily! Thats the beauty of a tesla right now!

I agree.
this is my 4th new car. Had all from different brand. Upon the deliver I only checked under the hood and any exterior chips.
It is the Tesla I also brought the checklist and inspected by myself over 30min which their QC suppose to do. And I saw number of people on my delivery day checking their list off as well. Tesla has made a new culture for car delivery 😂.

First Y. Got my check list printed and ready to go. 30-45 min… maybe more. Lol

Second Y. 5-10 min, I was done.

But I did help 3 of my buddies inspect their Y so I already know what to look for. 🤦‍♂️🤣

Btw. Its not the delivery center fault for all the issues we have. Not even the SC. It’s the factory QC pushing these cars out asap and letting the SC deal with it. Then they hire all these little experience mechanics to “fix” these issues. If they can’t, they will just use their magic words , it’s within specs. 🤣

But goddamn. They made a great overall fun EV! Or they won’t get away with all these QC issues. I said EV, not car. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: HellsKitchen
thanks for everyone's advice.
Picked up my car today after the service. Majority of issues mentions were resolved but few did not.
Trunk alignment and rear wheel bumper.
For trunk alignment, they say they tried to adjust the alignment but when they did the trunk wouldn't close properly caused due to hinge misalignment. And adjusted back to original state where the trunk was misaligned. Not sure if the reason is feasible...
For left rear tire bumper misalignment, they say its very minor and within the spec, since the left rear door had good alignment to other panels expect the bumper and adjusting it will cause another misalignment and not touching would be better.. Again mot sure if this is BS or not.
Has anyone resolve the trunk alignment issue well?
Finally light scratch was found on the right rear tail lamps which I assume it was made during the replacement of the chipped tail lamp. Mentioned this.. and also said its very minor but if I want can stop by over the weekend to see if the technician can just buff up (I picked up the car almost at the close hour and said all techs were left for the day)..

If the issues are still resolvable, should I make appointment again to same SC or should try booking to new SC?

The good news is that once you've actually picked up your car and driven away, it only gets better. As to paint issues, no one will be able to see them as you zip across the intersection. Most Tesla owners would never notice them at all anyway. You were probably aware of the lower standard of paint on Teslas, obviously, since you came with tape measure and started measuring all the gaps and alignments. Unlike most owners who are thrilled with the smooth ride and quiet running, you choose to focus on paint, which no one else will even think about. When you get over your obsession, I hope you can begin to enjoy the best ride on the planet.

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLY
thanks for everyone's advice.
Picked up my car today after the service. Majority of issues mentions were resolved but few did not.
Trunk alignment and rear wheel bumper.
For trunk alignment, they say they tried to adjust the alignment but when they did the trunk wouldn't close properly caused due to hinge misalignment. And adjusted back to original state where the trunk was misaligned. Not sure if the reason is feasible...
For left rear tire bumper misalignment, they say its very minor and within the spec, since the left rear door had good alignment to other panels expect the bumper and adjusting it will cause another misalignment and not touching would be better.. Again mot sure if this is BS or not.
Has anyone resolve the trunk alignment issue well?
Finally light scratch was found on the right rear tail lamps which I assume it was made during the replacement of the chipped tail lamp. Mentioned this.. and also said its very minor but if I want can stop by over the weekend to see if the technician can just buff up (I picked up the car almost at the close hour and said all techs were left for the day)..

If the issues are still resolvable, should I make appointment again to same SC or should try booking to new SC?
Try a different SC. When my car had delivery day issues I wanted fixed my local SC said everything was in spec. I took it elsewhere and the second SC said everything but one item was considered out of spec. By luck, even the one item they considered in spec was corrected.

Hi,
Just received my MYLR last weekend but found some issues and panel misalignment thus I booked for the service that is upcoming in a few days.
I found numerous issues and wonder if they are worth to mention to fix (especially the misalignment) as I see many post that minor misalignment fix would not be done at all as SC would state 'within a normal range'

below are the issues I found along with pics and let me know your thoughts.

The misalignments are not so choking. But the scratches and paint issues are definitely not good for a new car. Considering the scratches, I would probably not have taken the car (e.g. scratches on plastic and windshield looks fishy).