Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Belgium and the Netherlands: Charging infrastructure (Thuis laden)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it does not cost more than twice the Tesla v2 wall connector, since you need to add an expensive B-type earth leakage circuit breaker (around 300 euro for a good one) to the TWC.

People tend to forget that.

The cheapest will do. All machines are tested against the same specifications and passed. Why go for something that is twice the price? Still, B-types are expensive regardless of A/B-brands.

No, it does not cost more than twice the Tesla v2 wall connector, since you need to add an expensive B-type earth leakage circuit breaker (around 300 euro for a good one) to the TWC.

People tend to forget that.
Well € 300 is a bit exxagerated (Elektramat sells one for less than half) but tbh I forgot this too when I picked one up last year. Gen 3 does appear to have this protection.

• Informative
Reactions: robertvg
Well € 300 is a bit exxagerated (Elektramat sells one for less than half) but tbh I forgot this too when I picked one up last year. Gen 3 does appear to have this protection.
Not really, the elektramat is 232 euro... The Chint is half the price, that is correct, but according to some professionals on tweakers.net, these can let you down.

AFAIK v3 does currently not have the capabilities of the v2, I do not own a v3, I could not tell you.

Not really, the elektramat is 232 euro... The Chint is half the price, that is correct, but according to some professionals on tweakers.net, these can let you down.

AFAIK v3 does currently not have the capabilities of the v2, I do not own a v3, I could not tell you.
So the next question would be if it’s even possible to leak DV current from a Model S through a wall charger and back onto the grid. It sounds farfetched to me (and a good explanation why the TWC’s don’t have this protection).

So the next question would be if it’s even possible to leak DV current from a Model S through a wall charger and back onto the grid. It sounds farfetched to me (and a good explanation why the TWC’s don’t have this protection).
It is not the leakage of the Tesla that can be a problem. A DC circuit (a Tesla) could hide a leakage in orher circuits of your home. That’s the reason behind the rule. With a type B this would be avoided.
Don’t understand all the physics behind it also.

Also, nobody could assure that you never charge an EV that doesn’t have all the protections of a Tesla at your TWC.

That is not relevant (and yes, also with an S it would be possible. Do not follow the happy flow). It is obliged by NEN1010. No discussions there.
Well not there but here should be fine :)
It is not the leakage of the Tesla that can be a problem. A DC circuit (a Tesla) could hide a leakage in orher circuits of your home. That’s the reason behind the rule. With a type B this would be avoided.
Don’t understand all the physics behind it also.

Also, nobody could assure that you never charge an EV that doesn’t have all the protections of a Tesla at your TWC.
AFAIK not with any Tesla but could be with other EVs but it's the rule...
Since the Gen 2 TWC can be set to Tesla only (actually mine came with a sticker that said that it would only work with Teslas) and it would not be accessible to others I would not mind leaving out the type B as long as I know the protection in the Tesla would be adequate. Not sure how to be sure though.

Since the Gen 2 TWC can be set to Tesla only (actually mine came with a sticker that said that it would only work with Teslas) and it would not be accessible to others I would not mind leaving out the type B as long as I know the protection in the Tesla would be adequate. Not sure how to be sure though.
I’m loading during 6 years already the Tesla and the Zoe. But that’s on my own risk.
If I wiuld have installed a 32A outlet I would not have needed the Type B, because I didn’t instal a DC circuit. In the 32A outlet I could have legally plugged in my mobile connector or even my TWC, if I added a 32A plug onto it.

• Informative
Reactions: Dikkie Dik
Ik dacht dat je het meest optimaal kan laden 3 fasen tussen 11 en 12 ampere. Hoger geeft lager rendement.
Eens, het moet niet te laag zijn maar ook niet te hoog. Tussen de 10-13A heb ik met mijn S de minste verliezen.

Maar soms heb je de tijd niet voor een langzame sessie of wil je juist met hogere snelheid laden om het pack een beetje op te warmen.

• Informative
Reactions: Phil V and job-lek

Volgens de zogenaamde Happy Flow kan het niet fout gaan, maar dat is eigenlijk bij alle merken zo. Het gaat meer om situaties die zich normaal gesproken niet kunnen voordoen zoals bijvoorbeeld kabels van de High Voltage batterij die (vanwege doorslijten bijvoorbeeld) contact maken met het chassis. Of bedenk een andere omstandigheid. Ook de Model S is daar niet van uitgezonderd, in tegenstelling tot wat hier lijkt te worden gedacht. Onder normale omstandigheden gaat geen enkele aardlekschakelaar ooit af, en toch is die hard nodig voor de situaties dat het per ongeluk toch nodig blijkt te zijn. Software maakt fouten. Hardware ook. Ontwerpers ook. Monteurs ook. Zelfs Tesla maakt fouten. ;)

Iedereen die roept dat het niet nodig is mag op eigen risico die veiligheidsmaatregelen demonteren, maar verbaas je er dan niet over dat je geëlectroceerd wordt. ;)

Reactions: Phil V
Volgens de zogenaamde Happy Flow kan het niet fout gaan, maar dat is eigenlijk bij alle merken zo. Het gaat meer om situaties die zich normaal gesproken niet kunnen voordoen zoals bijvoorbeeld kabels van de High Voltage batterij die (vanwege doorslijten bijvoorbeeld) contact maken met het chassis. Of bedenk een andere omstandigheid. Ook de Model S is daar niet van uitgezonderd, in tegenstelling tot wat hier lijkt te worden gedacht. Onder normale omstandigheden gaat geen enkele aardlekschakelaar ooit af, en toch is die hard nodig voor de situaties dat het per ongeluk toch nodig blijkt te zijn. Software maakt fouten. Hardware ook. Ontwerpers ook. Monteurs ook. Zelfs Tesla maakt fouten. ;)

Iedereen die roept dat het niet nodig is mag op eigen risico die veiligheidsmaatregelen demonteren, maar verbaas je er dan niet over dat je geëlectroceerd wordt. ;)
Denk aan een marter die kabels doorbijt.
Of gewoon iets anders dat verkeerd gaat. Een verzekeringsmaatschappij vindt dan direct een reden om niet te betalen. Bewijs maar dat de oorzaak los staat van jouw DC circuit.