Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bell Hub EV network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Article in today's AFR (paywall) and similar tonight on Driven about Bell Hub.

Basic website at present - Bell Hub | Ultra-fast Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations | 2021

But appear to have acquired/ optioned a bunch of carwash sites on which the plan to install solar panels, batteries and EV charging equipment.
Looking at ABB 175kW and 350kW units.

Suggesting pricing as low of 10c/kWh (though the Driven article seems to suggest this might be time of day dependent).

Corporate holding company that they are trying to list has the Bell Resources name (part of Alan Bond's story).

An interesting comment in the AFR article that charging stations can't be within 12m of fuel pumps or vents, which prevents many operators installing EV chargers.

Certainly in my part of Sydney most carwash operators use a lot of shade cloths, so I guess this could be replaced with a solar roof.

The issue is there is huge gaps in the infrastructure for this area of the world

IMG_1665.PNG

Thought I'd look up the companies website.
No more info other than dates shifted in some places to 2022.

And no more press other than that mid-2021 AFR article.

They did however upload a new somewhat cheesy (and obviously filmed in the US) video to their YT.

So still looking to launch in 2022. October targeted. Using Siemens equipment, but charging rates up to $0.50-0.60/kWh.

But all subject to fundraising.

My watchlist of EV charging stocks in the US shows they have been smashed recently.

Chargepoint from a $40 high in 2021 closed at $12 overnight
Volta (on whom Jolt is somewhat based) from a $14 high closed at $1.65
Blink from over $50 to $14.24

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Looked at the website. Pretty unchanged, other than now saying Coming 2024.

I also note pre recent AFR article that one of the major carwash chains - Star Carwash (with 150 sites) has mandated Grant Samuel for a possible sale.