TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bellevue Beta Tour

Discussion in 'Model S' started by drbradfo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. drbradfo

drbradfo Member

Does anyone know if the Beta at the Bellevue store from April 1st -> May 15th is a >50 VIN beta or is it the same one that was there in Jan?

2. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

They currently still have the same black one, but they're expecting a newer model in a couple weeks.

3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

new one is due 4\15 1am

4. richkae

richkae VIN587

I just stopped in the Bellevue store. They have a new car there.
    Signature Red exterior with black leather interior, piano black trim, pano roof, 21 inch wheels. No rear facing child seats.
    I didn't note the VIN number.

Lance told me they would have one of the aerodynamic wheels in the store in 3 days. I will be going back to see it.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

This is VIN 48 that Blurry_Eyed has been posting about on this thread here: Random Model S sightings

6. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

I was at Santana Row today hoping to see a new car and saw the Silver one from the event a few weeks back. One thing that had changed though is the software...
    The software update looked fairly significant, and even though the screen on this car was not working too well, I was impressed by what I saw. Controls for Regen, active suspension, changing dash details, and a few more I will try to remember.
    Was told that Aero wheels are still a few weeks away, as is Performance Betas to the stores. So next trip for me is in early May.
    Also learned they are planning a big event for factory again. Awaiting secondary confirmation on that one though.

7. goyogi

goyogi Member

When talking to George Blankenship he mentioned he wanted another event at the factory with all the car colors for people to see. We'll see if that materializes. I hope so!

8. tomanik

tomanik Member

Any pictures of the software changes by chance?

9. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Would love to see pic's of the regen, suspension and dash detail UI you speak of. To tell us and not show us is just wrong :crying:

And we'll plan another trip to the factory. Would love to sit in the X. I'll most likely plunk down 5K.

The logistics of another factory event seems much more difficult if they plan on inviting every reservation holder.

10. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

I will stop by on Monday afternoon to take some pics. We were rushed going for amazing burgers at The Counter and decided to just stop by Tesla while waiting for our table.

11. AndyM

AndyM Member

I visited there yesterday. Confirmed it's VIN 48 (Signature, no rear-seats).
    Lance showed me the developer mode of the panel, which offers more options such as displaying Model X (yes, X) glamor shots on the display.
    I learned that the display is an XWindows display - i watched it reboot as we got back out of developer mode.
    Will upload more pics as possible.
    IMG_0149.JPG

12. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Nice work Andy! Looking forward to more pic's!

13. AndyM

AndyM Member

Other things I learned:
    - The Portland store in Washington Square should be open "in a couple months".
    - About the time the Portland store opens, TM will be contacting reservation holders to come in for test drives there and other stores.
    - The range estimation display and charging estimator (Adobe Air content) should be up on the web site in "about a month."
    - TM reads and takes comments in the forums at TeslaMotorsClub more than their own forums - chiefly because TM can's censor them. :)

Sorry if some of this isn't breaking news, pardon my n00bness.

-AndyM
    P#1988

14. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Sweet, thanks for the pics :) Are they doing the web thing in AIR or Flash? I would imagine flash? Also, kinda blurry, but in this pic, what's the gateway requests section about?

DevModeOptions.JPG

15. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

That looks like the older version of the software.
    Tomorrow, I will take my SLR to Santana Row and hope they still have the silver beta in there, which had the newer software.

16. AndyM

AndyM Member

I have no idea what "Gateway Requests" means. Devs? Speak up! :)

Lance at the store said the on-wall displays are Adobe Air. And should be up "in about a month" on the website.

-AndyM

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Maybe wifi or CAN stuff... Can be many things, do you remember what any of the sub options said? Not crucial, just a curious mind here :)

And gotcha. I bet the web one will be flash. Probably made sense to go AIR for something like the in store thing, but browsers don't display AIR. As long as they didn't use any AIR-specific APIs porting for web should be simple as heck

18. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'll let one of the several IT directors respond to the Gateway settings.

But are the door handles working on VIN48? They were not when I was there. I doubt it, as that car feels way behind the SR cars even though it's a newer VIN.

19. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

Yeah, I stopped in this weekend and that red beta is a real beauty! I was really excited to see the "piano black" interior finish in person. Bottom line: it was much better than I thought it would be. Much more subtle than the images in the design studio. I am now quite comfortable with the black leather with piano black finish. It looks really sharp!

It was also great to see a more recent version of the software and a working sunroof.