Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bellevue Beta Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stopped in the Bellevue store. They have a new car there.
Signature Red exterior with black leather interior, piano black trim, pano roof, 21 inch wheels. No rear facing child seats.
I didn't note the VIN number.

Lance told me they would have one of the aerodynamic wheels in the store in 3 days. I will be going back to see it.

I just stopped in the Bellevue store. They have a new car there.
Signature Red exterior with black leather interior, piano black trim, pano roof, 21 inch wheels. No rear facing child seats.
I didn't note the VIN number.

Lance told me they would have one of the aerodynamic wheels in the store in 3 days. I will be going back to see it.

This is VIN 48 that Blurry_Eyed has been posting about on this thread here: Random Model S sightings

I was at Santana Row today hoping to see a new car and saw the Silver one from the event a few weeks back. One thing that had changed though is the software...
The software update looked fairly significant, and even though the screen on this car was not working too well, I was impressed by what I saw. Controls for Regen, active suspension, changing dash details, and a few more I will try to remember.
Was told that Aero wheels are still a few weeks away, as is Performance Betas to the stores. So next trip for me is in early May.
Also learned they are planning a big event for factory again. Awaiting secondary confirmation on that one though.

I was at Santana Row today hoping to see a new car and saw the Silver one from the event a few weeks back. One thing that had changed though is the software...
The software update looked fairly significant, and even though the screen on this car was not working too well, I was impressed by what I saw. Controls for Regen, active suspension, changing dash details, and a few more I will try to remember.
Was told that Aero wheels are still a few weeks away, as is Performance Betas to the stores. So next trip for me is in early May.
Also learned they are planning a big event for factory again. Awaiting secondary confirmation on that one though.

Any pictures of the software changes by chance?

Would love to see pic's of the regen, suspension and dash detail UI you speak of. To tell us and not show us is just wrong :crying:

And we'll plan another trip to the factory. Would love to sit in the X. I'll most likely plunk down 5K.

The logistics of another factory event seems much more difficult if they plan on inviting every reservation holder.

I visited there yesterday. Confirmed it's VIN 48 (Signature, no rear-seats).
Lance showed me the developer mode of the panel, which offers more options such as displaying Model X (yes, X) glamor shots on the display.
I learned that the display is an XWindows display - i watched it reboot as we got back out of developer mode.
Will upload more pics as possible.
IMG_0149.JPG

Other things I learned:
- The Portland store in Washington Square should be open "in a couple months".
- About the time the Portland store opens, TM will be contacting reservation holders to come in for test drives there and other stores.
- The range estimation display and charging estimator (Adobe Air content) should be up on the web site in "about a month."
- TM reads and takes comments in the forums at TeslaMotorsClub more than their own forums - chiefly because TM can's censor them. :)

Sorry if some of this isn't breaking news, pardon my n00bness.

-AndyM
P#1988

I have no idea what "Gateway Requests" means. Devs? Speak up! :)

Lance at the store said the on-wall displays are Adobe Air. And should be up "in about a month" on the website.

-AndyM

Maybe wifi or CAN stuff... Can be many things, do you remember what any of the sub options said? Not crucial, just a curious mind here :)

And gotcha. I bet the web one will be flash. Probably made sense to go AIR for something like the in store thing, but browsers don't display AIR. As long as they didn't use any AIR-specific APIs porting for web should be simple as heck

I'll let one of the several IT directors respond to the Gateway settings.

But are the door handles working on VIN48? They were not when I was there. I doubt it, as that car feels way behind the SR cars even though it's a newer VIN.

Yeah, I stopped in this weekend and that red beta is a real beauty! I was really excited to see the "piano black" interior finish in person. Bottom line: it was much better than I thought it would be. Much more subtle than the images in the design studio. I am now quite comfortable with the black leather with piano black finish. It looks really sharp!

It was also great to see a more recent version of the software and a working sunroof.