Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bellevue Service Center Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since posts about negative experiences tend to generally out-weigh positive ones in forums, I thought I'd relay my recent experience at the Bellevue SC to help tip the balance.

I took my MX 100D in on Wednesday for a scheduled appointment to address the clanking and shudder from the front suspension and drive mount under moderate to heavy acceleration. The service tech confirmed it on a quick road test. I was quoted Saturday for completion (they were pretty upfront about how busy they are right now), and was supplied with a loaner (2013 MS P85+).

To my surprise, I got a message the next day (Thursday) that my car was ready for pick-up. Both half-shafts and the clevis mount replaced. And they had even adjusted some panel gaps on the FWD that I had not mentioned as they were not really bothering me.

Everyone at the SC that I encountered was friendly and efficient. Over all, I would rate the entire experience very close to service interactions I had with Barrier when I drove an Audi.

Since posts about negative experiences tend to generally out-weigh positive ones in forums, I thought I'd relay my recent experience at the Bellevue SC to help tip the balance.

I took my MX 100D in on Wednesday for a scheduled appointment to address the clanking and shudder from the front suspension and drive mount under moderate to heavy acceleration. The service tech confirmed it on a quick road test. I was quoted Saturday for completion (they were pretty upfront about how busy they are right now), and was supplied with a loaner (2013 MS P85+).

To my surprise, I got a message the next day (Thursday) that my car was ready for pick-up. Both half-shafts and the clevis mount replaced. And they had even adjusted some panel gaps on the FWD that I had not mentioned as they were not really bothering me.

Everyone at the SC that I encountered was friendly and efficient. Over all, I would rate the entire experience very close to service interactions I had with Barrier when I drove an Audi.
Thanks for sharing. I used the Bellevue SC twice, one being a mobile dispatch. The mobile service was to change a defective charging port and the "at Bellevue SC" appointment was to install Homelink, after deliver back in June. During the Homeline install, they managed to chip my fender (tool usage to get the bumper skin off) and returned the car in a molested state (greasy fingerprints all over the front end). I chose to fix the chipped pain myself! When I asked about why they didn't clean the car up I was told, "We no longer wash cars..." So, I'm looking forward to the new Renton SC opening up ASAP.

I appreciate your post but please try to be more negative in the future. We have standards you know..........

I’ve used Bellevue (over Seattle) for years due to proximity and they have always been great - even if they are obviously overworked! Maddy, who I hope is still there, is really a Tesla evangelist and a wonderful spokeswoman for the company overall.

I think the Renton SC will help offload some work and really improve the service experience for all the Seattle/Bellevue-area owners.

I’ve used Bellevue (over Seattle) for years due to proximity and they have always been great - even if they are obviously overworked! Muddy, who I hope is still there, is really a Tesla evangelist and a wonderful spokeswoman for the company overall.

I think the Renton SC will help offload some work and really improve the service experience for all the Seattle/Bellevue-area owners.
@Seattle Tom
I think it's "Maddy," and yes - a great person. She has been very helpful and response from my experience.

Not sure if this was already mentioned but at a recent visit to the Seattle-sodo SC the tech mentioned they were closing at the end of the year leaving only Renton (very small), Bellevue (a pain for those not on the east side) and lynnwood (apparently big or being expanded but super out of the way).

I’m pretty bummed about it as I live downtown and it was an easy ~10 min ride to Sodo

Expect Bellevue SC to get much busier

Not sure if this was already mentioned but at a recent visit to the Seattle-sodo SC the tech mentioned they were closing at the end of the year leaving only Renton (very small), Bellevue (a pain for those not on the east side) and lynnwood (apparently big or being expanded but super out of the way).

I’m pretty bummed about it as I live downtown and it was an easy ~10 min ride to Sodo

In the grander scheme of things, keep in mind that you have a very large population of Tesla owners between both state lines to the North and South, who will no longer have to drive to either SoDo, or Bellevue, and will prefer Renton or Lynnwood. I would guess it'll offset reasonably well. Hopefully.

In the grander scheme of things, keep in mind that you have a very large population of Tesla owners between both state lines to the North and South, who will no longer have to drive to either SoDo, or Bellevue, and will prefer Renton or Lynnwood. I would guess it'll offset reasonably well. Hopefully.
Pretty sure it will not. It feels like 1 out of every 10 cars in Seattle are Tesla’s and this is extremely inconvenient. I use to stop at sodo on the way to work or on the way home (unfortunately I’ve had to make 5 or 6 trips so far) and it wasn’t bad at all even though the sodo location was kind of a dump. Easy access off and on to freeway.

To give you a context, I originally took delivery from the Bellevue SC and it took me 1.5 hrs to get home to Seattle. There is a reason most people “pick a side” when they live here, whether it be Seattle or Bellevue/Eastside, because it is a nightmare driving between them.

I’m hoping that a new location opens in Seattle but I can’t imagine this NOT being an issue going forward.

Pretty sure it will not. It feels like 1 out of every 10 cars in Seattle are Tesla’s and this is extremely inconvenient. I use to stop at sodo on the way to work or on the way home (unfortunately I’ve had to make 5 or 6 trips so far) and it wasn’t bad at all even though the sodo location was kind of a dump. Easy access off and on to freeway.

To give you a context, I originally took delivery from the Bellevue SC and it took me 1.5 hrs to get home to Seattle. There is a reason most people “pick a side” when they live here, whether it be Seattle or Bellevue/Eastside, because it is a nightmare driving between them.

I’m hoping that a new location opens in Seattle but I can’t imagine this NOT being an issue going forward.
Yeah, I've had a similar experience as you. Took delivery in Bellevue, and have also had many service appointments there. Not fun having to deal with afternoon Bel-Red traffic.

I've only been to SoDo SC once. Interesting garage vibe there.

This reads like you're mixing service centers (Bellevue, SODO and soon to be Renton) and superchargers (Lynnwood). I'm a new owner but I can't find anything but a rumor about a Lynnwood service center in the works. Is there?

To the OP. I also had my S in Wednesday for the EXACT same thing. my car feels so much faster (tho probably not) because when I step on it there’s no shudder.

I was promised my car today (Monday) and for a message Friday afternoon it was fine.

my only negative was that the night before I brought my car is the passenger door handle stopped presenting which is a complete pain in the butt. But I know that they’re busy with deliveries and holidays so not the end of the world. A mobile tech will be end of week to fix the handle.

I love Bellevue. Maddy is absolutely fantastic. BUT I’m looking forward to the Renton location opening. It’s closer to my home and won’t have to fight any traffic on the 405 to get there. I looked at the location this week in person and don’t think it’s smaller than sodo. And it has more parking. Sodo wasn’t ever meant to be a permanent location. It was actually set up in the beginning to ONLY be a delivery center with Bellevue being the service center. When Bellevue opened their newer service center in 2016 everything changed.

To the OP. I also had my S in Wednesday for the EXACT same thing. my car feels so much faster (tho probably not) because when I step on it there’s no shudder.

I was promised my car today (Monday) and for a message Friday afternoon it was fine.

my only negative was that the night before I brought my car is the passenger door handle stopped presenting which is a complete pain in the butt. But I know that they’re busy with deliveries and holidays so not the end of the world. A mobile tech will be end of week to fix the handle.

I love Bellevue. Maddy is absolutely fantastic. BUT I’m looking forward to the Renton location opening. It’s closer to my home and won’t have to fight any traffic on the 405 to get there. I looked at the location this week in person and don’t think it’s smaller than sodo. And it has more parking. Sodo wasn’t ever meant to be a permanent location. It was actually set up in the beginning to ONLY be a delivery center with Bellevue being the service center. When Bellevue opened their newer service center in 2016 everything changed.
Maybe we will get lucky and Maddy will transfer to Renton! :)

My only complaint was they hadn’t charged the car up above 50% when I showed up. It was the end if first quarter 2019 push and they were pretty stacked up by my 5 pm pickup time. So it took a whole hour instead of 20 minutes. Otherwise everything was good.

Another +1 for Maddy. While I've had good experiences with other employees @ Bellevue SC, she is next-level awesome.

A few times when I've come in to pick up my car, she's given me an incredible level of detail on what the techs have done to my car (trying to troubleshoot a problem). WAY more details than the notes visible to me in the paperwork. It's like she did all of the work herself. And she knows that sort of detail for <x> cars every day.