Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bellevue, WA delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my X today at Bellevue service center, had a 7pm appointment, (rescheduled from last Friday, as my car was not shipped until this Sunday from Fremont), arrived there at 6:40 and the place was packed, I mean no place to park packed. As an existing Tesla owner (fanboy - I admit), I was excited to see this place buzzing.
Let me backup a second, I had a 3yr lease on my current X (VIN 4,200s), ending next March, but got a call last month from Customer Loyalty with an option to turn it in early and get a new car and take advantage of fed tax credit. Of course I jumped on it and ordered another X.
Now, although I had talked to my OA yesterday to confirm everything, and wanted to increase my down payment and lower my monthly payment, to her credit, she had sent an email to the Tesla finance with the change request, but here’s what I experienced today:
- They were all running around like crazy trying their best to make all the deliveries happen. I really felt bad for the crew
- They rightaway mentioned that my car was not detailed and I have the option to either bring it back next week or wait couple of hours to have it detailed.
- My first reaction (after reading many stories on this forum) was, if I can see/inspect the car first, and then decide... which they said of course.
- I waited around for a bit (30mins) but realized why am I wasting my time, and what will I inspect... if the car has issues, Tesla will just take care of me.
So I just told them to just give me the car without detailing and I will sign the paperwork.
- I have dealt with Bellevue service location many times (remember I had one of the early built X), Maddy and Marie are AWESOME.
- I got to peak inside the service area and saw all the Tesla employees (sales, service, whoever) were washing, cleaning customer cars to get them ready for delivery). The dedication of these people is amazing. They delivered over 160 cars just today and have over 220 scheduled for tomorrow.
- No, my paperwork was not changed (as I had requested), so it still have higher monthly payments, but it doesn’t matter... it will be paid off in less than 12 month anyways.
- I took delivery in the parking lot, turned in my keys for lease return and took the family home excited. Didn’t need any orientation anyways.
- I did inspect the car, once I parked in my garage and I am so happy to report that I have an almost perfect car. Just a loose chrome trim on rear quarter panel window and few scratches on the center console cover, but it’s merely cosmetics, will get it fixed next week or week after.
Panels line up fine, paint is perfect, no scratches or imperfections in the paint.
I will inspect again tomorrow in daylight, but so far so good. Will also add pictures tomorrow.
Best of luck to all of you taking deliveries at the end of quarter. My only advise, focus on what matters the most, doesn’t mean you ignore imperfections, but ask yourself, if this is indeed a deal breaker (if it is, then do break the deal) but if it can easily be fixed, do believe that Tesla will fix it. Hope Tesla also learns for this quarter madness and hire/train more people as this will be the new normal. Model 3 deliveries will continue to increase and there will always always be end of quarter rush. I don’t need to be treated like royalty, just because I am buying $100k+ car, but keeping things moving in an efficient manner is expected.
Cheers!

Congrats! Any very noticeable differences between the old and new X?
Many... some I miss while appreciating the rest.

X90D vs. X100D
AP1 vs. AP2
Perforated seats vs. plain (I preferred the perf seats, even with higher risk of tears or cleaning difficulties of spills)... still liked white interior on both.
Contrast piping around stiching on X90D vs. plain on 100D
Power 2nd row seating with one touch access to 3rd row vs. Manual split bench in 100D. (Of course I miss the power 2nd row seats).
2nd row pedestal seats (non foldable) vs. foldable flat 2nd row seats (May use someday :))
Full/adult middle seat in 2nd row... vs. smaller with short headrest. (I can see both pros and cons), now have better visibility with rear view mirror, potentially better legroom for middle seat with cup holders.
Paint rubbing spot and FWD alignment issues in X90D vs. better design with rubber number, seams much better and flush.
Power front door was more forceful and noisy ... now it’s buttery smooth and quieter in operation.
Optional HiFi sound, 72amp charging, tow (which I didn’t get on my 90) vs. having it included now on 100D.
Silver trim on dash vs. graphite (ofcourse I love the new graphite)
Matt ashwood vs. glossy, not sure yet which one I prefer.

I am sure I will find a few more :)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Bogobec