Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Bellevue, WA SC paint booth - opinions

R1Fast

P3D Blue/White
Sep 11, 2018
Seattle
For anyone in the PNW that decided to have their paint flaws addressed, and by the Bellevue SC paint booth specifically, how did it turn out? Lots of horror stories about shoddy work floating around, or flat out receiving the car back with more issues than when it was dropped off, but I haven't seen much regarding the Bellevue SC.

Just dropped mine off yesterday for my due bill items and about half of them are paint related. All-in-all my paint is decent... and wondering if it's worth the risk. If they are turning out quality work vs am I just asking for more frustration.

For anyone who can vouch, how was your experience?

R1Fast

P3D Blue/White
Sep 11, 2018
Seattle
Update: talked to the SC and they actually aren't setup to paint yet (might be a good thing?).

They send all their paint issues to Accurate Auto Body who is 4/5 stars on Yelp (not that Yelp is credible), but at least they are A+ on BBB and accredited and have been in biz for 23 years.

I am thinking I'll just forego the dust nibs and minor correction issues... but man, all 4 door jambs and trunk have large areas without paint and I don't think these can slide.

Hoping they wont need to refinish any of the visible panels.

8.pass front door.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC