Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beltronics STI-R installer recommendations, Chicago area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at getting the Beltronics STI-R radar detector installed in my S. Can anyone recommend an installer in the Chicago suburbs who has worked with the Model S and the Beltronics STI-R? Actually, I could even do southern Wisconsin or northwest Indiana if the guy/gal is good.

Thanks.

They have about 10 stalls with usually 12 guys working there all the time. Quite impressive, majority are high end cars and they do plenty of complete custom mods and installs.

Personally, they have done more pedestrian stuff on my cars. Window tint, integrate Bluetooth to head unit for stereo/phone that didn't include it, remote start. He has done each of those multiple times for cars of mine over the years.

They have about 10 stalls with usually 12 guys working there all the time. Quite impressive, majority are high end cars and they do plenty of complete custom mods and installs.

Personally, they have done more pedestrian stuff on my cars. Window tint, integrate Bluetooth to head unit for stereo/phone that didn't include it, remote start. He has done each of those multiple times for cars of mine over the years.

Good to know, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I did the install of the STI-R plus. This is the 2nd install of the STI-R plus i've done on my cars. G37 and now the Tesla. You can read about the install here
Install of Radar Detector, Dashcam, and Laser Jammer (LONG)

Yes, that is a great thread you created. Thanks for doing that.

I would call and ask to see if they have worked on Tesla's and installed the STI-R Plus. Getting that wire from the front bumper to the cabin is done either through firewall or going on the outside door weatherstrip. The firewall has a few high voltage lines you have to be careful about.