TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ben Kallo talks Tesla on CNBC

Discussion in 'Video' started by twinklejet, May 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

#1 twinklejet, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

NICE! The world is waking up.

3. cdabel

cdabel Member

Regarding the analyst´s point that the much of the value is ascribed to the brand of Tesla, that brand recognition still has a huge amount of potential. I just had a visit from friends from the US, and one fellow was a self-described "car guy". Of course I mentioned my purchase of the Model S. He said, "oh yeah, I´ve heard of electric cars before", but had never heard of Tesla or the Model S.

4. Soflason

Soflason Member

Also interesting that he states that TSLA should be looked at as a "technology" company instead of an "automotive" company when doing analysis, that certainly seems to be the case right now w/ TSLA -- investors that try to benchmark against ICE auto manufacturers aren't aware of the potential for what the company could effectively change in this industry as a whole.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"only sold 4600 cars"?

Off by 300 for 2013, and completely ignored 2012. Le sigh.